Cabinet Software Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc4digital

New User
Update your profile with your name
I might have this in the wrong forum, but I guess software is kinda a tool.

Anyway, does anyone use any computer software when making cabinets?
Layout, cutlist, ect..

M

McRabbet

I moved this thread to the General Woodworking Forum so more members will see it -- And I'll add my software choices. I use TurboCAD (I have Version 10.2 Professional to draw every project -- first in plan and elevation views, and then I'll make section views if needed. Once I determine the parts I need for a cabinet or whatever project, I use Cutlist Plus to determine the detailed layouts for the sheet goods or dimensioned lumber in the project. Many members have been using Sketchup, which is an easy-to-master 3-D design program that you can download for free for a PC or MAC.

Rob

cc4digital

New User
Thanks for the move. I am evaluating cut list pro. Looks pretty good.

My current problem is looking for a layout program. CAD is great, but $ and kinda complex.

Been looking at programs from KoeSoft Cabinet Cut List Maker, Drawer, Door Panel. So far I am not very impressed. Have many technical issue with the software.
Also looked at Raised Panel Door, but it only the door section. Not to bad of a program.

So, I still am in search. Maybe some other will have some more ideas.

cc4digital

New User
So far CutList Plus 2006 look like the ticket for the breaking the cost down.:eusa_danc
I have yet to find a could program that will handle the design part. Still looking:crybaby2:

M

McRabbet

So far CutList Plus 2006 look like the ticket for the breaking the cost down.:eusa_danc
I have yet to find a could program that will handle the design part. Still looking:crybaby2:
Be careful about doing too much with Cutlist Plus for "breaking the cost down". You can enter all of the raw material costs -- lumber, hardware, finishes, etc., and you can get subtotals and totals in the summary printouts -- BUT, the affordable Silver Edition does not include tax computation on any items and it will not do pricing for you. Ironically, they have the Pricing Tab active in the main window and you can select all of the pricing options under that tab (like overhead, profit, contingency, shipping & handling and either of two tax rates), but they are meaningless in the Silver Edition.

Thought you should know. Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS