Brown Truck Dropped By Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
My daughter told me that the driver left two brown boxes on the porch. Being cautious I immediately moved them to the shop, where it would be safe to carefully investigate. The boxes had "Amazon" written on them. What were they? Snakes? That Amazon has some BIF snakes, seen um myself on that there Diskover channel. Could there be anacondas coiled up in them there boxes? See first pic for box view.

I carefully opened them with a long stick and found each box contained a single box. From the labels on the inner boxes it appeared that one of them was a computer and the other appeared to be something from Jesse Jackson. 8-O Something like "Jesse's Life" was written on it.

Well, I threw caution to the wind and opened each box. The computer box contained some kind of newfangled device. Didn't look much like a computer but when I plugged it in and turned it on, I heard the hard drive spin up to speed. The only thing that came with it was a pair of wrenches. Apparently whoever sent it forgot the monitor. :eusa_doh: I know it's a computer cause it had "PC" written right on the thing. I like it. It makes a neat sound when you fire up the hard drive. Oh, it had a number on it, too...7518...I don't know if maybe that's the memory or clock speed or what.

The second box contained some kind of contraption made of alumininium..umm alimunim...you know that real light soft metal stuff (magnet didn't stick to it - I tried). Came with some weird looking handle, too and a flat ring with a durn hole in it? :eusa_thin Maybe that's the hard drive for the computer?? Whatever it is, I'm gonna keep it. It's real shiny and purty. I might hang it on the wall or somethin.

Guess I'm gonna go back out to the shop after dinner and see if I can figure this out.

Pics are below. Maybe one of you knows how to plug a monitor into the computer. I don't know what to make of that Jesse's Life contraption though. That's a puzzler. :eusa_thin It's purty though. :icon_thum

Chuck

Attachments

• boxes small.JPG
    boxes small.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 7518 and mastrlift small.JPG
    7518 and mastrlift small.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 227

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
nope!! I cant let you do it! those tools are too dangerous and I will have to watch them in my shop untill they are deemed safe! You may have a virus on that '"PC" one, It may have to stay longer!!. Great score!!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
nope!! I cant let you do it! those tools are too dangerous and I will have to watch them in my shop untill they are deemed safe! You may have a virus on that '"PC" one, It may have to stay longer!!. Great score!!

Too early. Would be dangerous to move them now.

I talked with a friend and he said I really needed a temple for the Jesse's Life gizmo. He said you use the temple and a rooter to make a cavity to set it in a table. I guess it looks prettier there.

Anyone ever made a temple to use for this purpose? Mshel said he had a temple for the Jesse's Life but it was buried in his "old" shop...the one he ignores now that he has the Taj Mahal palace of woodworking. :lol:

Seriously, I am trying to figure out a foolproof method of routing the recess in the top. I haven't decided whether to build a new top and sell this one or just use this one for now. Anyone want a Benchdog 40-095 table top. (no fence...maybe later, table first)?

Jeesh, I'm hi-jacking my own thread. :slap:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
:rolf::rolf::rolf:

just a big You Suck from me!!

Hope ya gits it all fingered out soon

Go

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The alien green of that M12V2 has obviously has some adverse effect on you...your not right :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I installed my lowly Jessem plate (without the sweet lift :crybaby2: ) I made a template out of ¾" MDF by tracing the outline of the plate. Then I cut out the inside of the template. I used a short top bearing flush trim bit to route out the ledge for the plate to sit on by following the inside of the template. I plunged in just deeper than the plate's thickness, and IIRC the bit was a ½" dia. Then I drilled a hole in the waste area, and cut the rest of the waste, just to the inside of the ledge cut, out with a jigsaw. I removed the little bit left between the router cut and the jigsaw cut with a chisel. I got a perfect fit.

Oh yea, YOU SUCK in the nicest way.

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Great gloat!, but YOU SUCK² ... in the nicest way, twice...

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Installed and Operational

Managed to get the Mast-R-Lift with PC 77518 installed this afternoon.

I ended up using my Benchdog top. Marked new plate outline on RT top. Used 1 1/2 inch forstner bit to round corners. Used straight bit with wood board fence and bushing to rout edges. Cut the inner edge with jigsaw. Fit with sharp chisel and sanded inner edges.

The fit is very good. No play at all. A sharp chisel works wonders for final fit adjustment!

I made a few passes with a straight bit just to verify the router works. Nice cut. The PC is MUCH louder than the Hitachi M12V2. Very smooth operation though. It's a keeper.

Chuck

Attachments

• PC and MastRLift.JPG
    PC and MastRLift.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 217

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
While you ponder you next move, treat yourself to some good BBQ. Drive down Hwy 301 to Wilson, to that small BBQ place on the right. It is a few miles past where Hwy 268 used to end on 301.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great post and great haul Chuck!

I think you need a splurge protector for that unit :lol:

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
While you ponder you next move, treat yourself to some good BBQ. Drive down Hwy 301 to Wilson, to that small BBQ place on the right. It is a few miles past where Hwy 268 used to end on 301.

Tom, I had a business visit to Wilson today and lunched at Parker's BBQ. I figured you were referring to Mitchell's but understand they closed the doors a while back. Mithcell's had fantastic BBQ. Not complaining, Parker's was pretty good! :lol:

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Re: Installed and Operational

Very Nice!!! One downside to the master lift.

You will be very finicky in making adjustments going forward.

Congratulations! You won't regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS