Blanket of indigenous american people

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I finally got it finished:icon_cool
But no matter what I do I can not get a good picture, colors off an I cant find a good angle, every thing I try it comes out looking like @#^$&^*^$:crybaby2:
Guess I need to get one of those photo box setups:eusa_thin
Anyway 156 pieces Maple Purpleheart and Cherry 7" dia.
One thing I can say every one I make I learn something, I read somewhere that anyone can learn to turn a bowl in a day, but your not a bowl turner until you have turned 100, dang I got a long way to go:binkybaby

Thanks for looking y'all

blanket41.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: Blankek of indigenous american people

I think you did awesome on the bowl as well as the photo.

Another quality project. Keep it up.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member

If "they" meant 100 pieces of wood, I think you qualify is spades!! Beutiful job, Earl.

Go

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Earl, I think that pic is quite good and the segmentation and turning even better. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

I've never turned a piece of wood in my life Earl, but you inspire me. I'd like to do a segmented bowl like yours for my children one day with their names in them. Perhaps after I've turned MY 100 bowls I'll give it a try. :icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

"Pearl", if 100 is the magic number, I can't wait to see what it'll be!!

That's some beautiful work, man!!

:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

That is so impressive Earl! :notworthy: I'm still not sure exactly how you DARKSIDERS do things like this, but they never cease to amaze me.

Trent

cskipper

Cathy
You are doing an outstanding job with your turnings. This one, like the others is great! If you figure out how to get the colors true, be sure to let me know.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Yet again, Earl, you deliver a quality effort. I think you capture the color variations quite well.

Cliff

New User
Cliff
Earl,

That is absolutely spectacular. What a beautiful piece of work!

The photo isn't bad either, but I know what you mean about the picture not showing how nice something is 'in real life'. And I'm sure that the bowl is even more amazing when you're standing there looking at it.

White balance is what kills most of us on color when we grab a quick snapshot. Most digital cameras have a handful of white balance presets that they use based on what they 'see' through the lens. Your camera may have become confused for two reasons:
  • It looks like you used the flash as well as another, more incandescent, light source.
  • The bright white background may have not only affected the white balance, but caused a slight underexposure, too.
Fortunately, most digital cameras (and drugstore films) focus a fair amount of effort on getting sunlit pictures right, from a color perspective. So, you might want to take the bowl out on the back porch (before the freezing rain gets here :eusa_doh:) and take a photo in the sun. A nice, green backdrop like grass and trees might even keep the exposure value in line. You also might use a tripod - the shutter speed will probably be pretty quick in bright sunlight, but you'd be surprised at what a difference a tripod makes at any speed. The added sharpness should really make the grain pop.

All of that being said, it's still a nice picture, Earl. I just want to share the lessons I've learned the hard way... :BangHead:

cliff

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fantastic stuff, Earl!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

These pieces are definately ones to be shown off and sold for a tidy sum.

Love the scale, wood pattern and the great selection of wood!

Fine Work!:notworthy:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS