Biscuits in particle board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
I am in the midst of building my workbenches. The tops will be solid core doors and the cores are particle board. I have to splice some doors together to get the sizes I need and this entails cutting them down beyond the solid wood edge frames. I will be using pocket screws and glue at the splices but I was thinking of using biscuits to keep things aligned while the edges are wet with slippery glue. Will the particle board cores maintain biscuit slot integrity once I cut them ? :dontknow: My experience with particle board has been that it is rather "crumbly". :wsmile:

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Glenn; They will be fine as long as you use BIG #20 biscuits and dont go too close to the surface. Since you are using probably 1 3/4 thick you can use double biscuits, IE; down from face and up from bottom. :gar-Bi Just keep ur reference lines square as u run em around the door edges

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
Biscuit joinery was originally developed to build cabinet carcasses using materials such as particleboard and MDF. Biscuits are a perfect way to join these materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS