Best board stretcher? Dewalt or Porter cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Helped a friend build a wall in His Basement this weekend and there was a Neighbor who came over and really tried to take over. He cut 3 2x4's wrong but only 3/8 to short so I sent him to the truck looking for my dewalt board stretcher and he couldnt find it, He looked for 25 minutes. he came in said he couldnt find it I made a big deal about it and went and looked myself and came in and acted mad and said I would have to buy a new one I guess. I never told him they didnt exist.:rolf: :eusa_danc

He talked about them like he had used one before.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I prefer my Bosch board stretcher, although I have heard good things about the Grizzly model. I do understand that one should get the Z version however, a whole lot of extra features (It can even even handle sheet-stock!), and not much extra money!

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
I have 2 different Board Stretchers (B.S.)
I use different B.S. depending on whom I am working with.
I save my better B.S. for work with the opposite sex.
I used up a lot of my B.S. when I was younger, but every now and then the B.S. comes in handy..........
My other B.S. is used in the company of my buddies.....
Ron

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: He didn't look next to the left hand monkey wrench ????
That's classic, one day, probably not in the near future it will dawn on him what a DA he was :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Dave:)

oderus1671

New User
chris
LOL! We had a kid at the boatshop once that we sent him around to all the supervisors looking for a nail straightner. It was all fun and games until one of the supers sent him to the bosses wife, who is the personnel manager here :eusa_doh:. She spent several agonizing minutes voraciously helping him look for it! Needless to say she was quite upset to hear theres no such tool. She went on and on about lost productivity!:rolf:

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Helped a friend build a wall in His Basement this weekend and there was a Neighbor who cam over and really tried to take over. He cut 3 2x4's wrong but only 3/8 to short so I sent him to the truck looking for my dewalt board stretcher and he couldnt find it, H looked for 25 minutes. he came in said he couldnt find it I made a big dal about it and went and looked myself and came in and acted mad and said I would have to buy a new one I guess. I never told him they didnt exist.:rolf: :eusa_danc

He talked about them like he had used one before.

That is absolutely histerical!!! :rolf: Was he telling stories about his old BS?

chris99z71

New User
Chris
The automotive shop where I used to work, we sent the office girl to the parts store for a framus rod and a set of muffler bearings. The guys at the parts store played along and sent her back with a broom stick. She apparently caught on on the way back to the shop and hit us all with the broom stick....oh well. It was still pretty funny though...

jerrye

New User
Jerry
My brother's electrical contracting company used to break in all green helpers by sending them out for "12 inches of six inch ditch" to complete a trench they seemed to always be working on. Parts houses were all in on it too. Best guy went to 7 parts houses before figuring it out: well, actually, I think he had to be told!:rolf: :eusa_clap

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Brings to mind my brother-in-laws' comments (a framing carpenter) when these things happened to him. He used to say "I cut it twice and it was still too short!"

Ever send someone out for the sky hook?

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
we also told him he was missing the nail head because he needed to get the hammer balanced. He asked who could do it and we sent him to Sears. He called me today at about 3PM cursing me. I never said anything I just laughed and laughed.

Jim Hancock

New User
Jim
Naval ships have a sound-powered phone system. We would send the newbies for some fresh sound-powered phone batteries.

BTW - my board stretcher works, but requires a magnetic strip on the back...

mshel

Michael Shelley
Corporate Member
He sounds like the preverbial "sexual intellectual" I'll let your imagination figure this one out. :rolf:

Mike

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess it shows anybody can be a fool when they're out of their element. One year I drew my brother in law's name for a Christmas present. He wrote that he wanted, and I quote, "DZ golf balls" I went to 4 different sporting goods shops in Charlotte asking for that brand before I realized he just wanted a dozen. One store even offered to order them for me. :lol:

cskipper

Cathy
Ya'll are mean (not that I haven't done anything similar - cough cough). I'm gullible so when LOML sent me to WC to buy space balls I called ahead to be sure they really existed. Fortunately they did, or those guys might have played along too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS