Been a busy couple of months

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy1990

New User
Matt
Well, it's been crazy around here since SWMBO "let me" get a lathe. I volunteered to make pens for all of the fathers in our church for Father's Day. I ended up making almost 40 Slimline pens (just because they are the easiest to make, for me). I made about half a dozen shawl pins. LOML knits alot and shawls are her favorite things to knit. She asked me to try my hand at shawl pins, so I thought "You mean, I get to spin wood in the name of making her happy?" I, of course, told her "OK". And since she also spins her own yarn, I made her a drop spindle. It was something different, but it was really interesting to make.

Now, I know there are many people on here who will say that the projects don't exist unless there is photographic evidence. Unfortunately, I didn't take pics before giving out the pens. I will see about getting some pics of the shawl pins and the drop spindle. They aren't of the caliber of anyone on this site. In fact, they are way below the level of work I've seen on here, so I am hesitant to post pics for fear of embarassing myself.

But I keep trying new techniques and testing my ability. I am getting better at spindle work and hope to move up to hollow forms soon. Guess I will just keep turning, if SWMBO will "let" me. :gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
A very nice gesture on your part to turn 40 pens:swoon:. Go ahead and post the pics, no need to be embarrassed. We all have to start somewhere and most of us judge ourselves too critically, so your pens and drop spindle are probably just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS