Bearings seized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
As I was going through the process of changing blades on my 14" Delta BS, I found that some of the Carter guide bearings are seized! I attempted to free them with various solvents/oils... no joy. Anyhow, does anyone know where I can get replacements that aren't ridiculously priced? Carter wants $16 for the pair plus $9 shipping... :eusa_doh:. I need at least three pair... :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:.

Last edited:

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Have you tried Kroil? That stuff saves me every time. I was going to suggest Rockler (they have a free shipping promotion with code V8816 at checkout) but I don't see the specific part there.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Might give Waddell Machine Shop a call. They have lots of stuff. (919) 732-3597

They are just down the road from ya on Riverside drive.

Jim

mtrager

New User
Mitch
I just had the same thing happen to my Rikon Bandsaw. All 5 lower bearings seized. Reason - the manufacturer only seals the outer race - not the inner one.

I got replacements at Motion Industries in Arden. I am sure they will ship. I bought U.S. made bearings with sealed inner and out races - they cost $13 each but "should" last much longer than the originals.

Hope this helps...

Mitch Trager

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Try soaking the bearings in DNA (denatured alcohol) and then spray out with WD-40. After they loosen up and you get all the fine sawdust out, lube with 3-in-1 oil.

Go

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Any bearing supply house will have them and they will probably be of better quality.I''ve had to buy bearings for some of my router bits and it allowed me to create new profiles by changing the bearing diameter.

Last edited:

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Thanks guys! I'll work my way through some of the options. I have tried to soak 'em and oil 'em... just too far gone. Actually the plastic cover is missing from one set. So, I reckon I'll have to buy some new ones.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Find the number of your bearings. Then check with either The Big Bearing Store, or Reid Industries for replacements. I pay about two bucks for 6203's from either, and between $8 to $17 locally for the same. (All made in China.) Be sure and buy double sealed bearings.

J

jeff...

Go down to the local gas station and get yourself some diesel soak em in that for a while see if they loosen up if not you'll need to replace em.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
The bearing part number is "608RS". I found them on flea bay for $2 ea. for the premium grade. I think I'm in business... Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS