Beach lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
I needed some beachy lamps for our place at the shore and after looking around the net for ideas came up with these.
lifeguardlight1-small.jpg

Foldingchairlamp-small.jpg

Floorlamplifeguardchair2-small.jpg

All made from poplar scraps. Only cost was for the electrical stuff...$10. Floor lamp still needs painted but taking it down tot he beach now.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Those look pretty neat. I'd hate to think what they'd cost IF you could have found them!
Gonna have to share these with Robin and see if she could decorate one after some pictures my daughter took on their trip to Charleston.
Thanks for sharing them~

TominZebulon

New User
Tom Meehan
Just out of curiosity, where did you get the electrical parts? I am interested in making some lamps, but not sure where to get all the actual parts.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Just out of curiosity, where did you get the electrical parts? I am interested in making some lamps, but not sure where to get all the actual parts.

Got the sockets, wire and harp as a kit at the local Lowe's/Home Depot for $10. You can't see them but I also use a black plastic project box from Radio Shack as the center point for the electrical cord and brass tubing where the wires go up to the sockets. The only thing you may have to get on-line is the curved brass tubing...unless you can make things work with the straight lengths you can get at the hardware stores mentioned.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Very nice Mike! Nice looking cordless scrollsaw in that last pic too:icon_thum

The latest in the collection. It's a Trump Bros. saw. I'm up to 5 now...not even close to Hobbs collection but I'm already out of display room.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Great looking lamps. :icon_thum That is an super job in turning scraps into such an awesome piece. What are the dimensions on the first one. It looks like the lifeguard chair part is about a foot high and 4 to 5 in wide at the bottom. The misses would love to have something like that at our getaway, if I may be so bold to [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]copy[/STRIKE], use your idea.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Great looking lamps. :icon_thum That is an super job in turning scraps into such an awesome piece. What are the dimensions on the first one. It looks like the lifeguard chair part is about a foot high and 4 to 5 in wide at the bottom. The misses would love to have something like that at our getaway, if I may be so bold to [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]copy[/STRIKE], use your idea.

I don't mind at all...best form of flattery.
Base is 6x8 total height of the lamp (minus the base) is (with harp) 30". When I saw the picture of one, I looked up the stats and used one of my metric rulers to scale it by finding a scale that replicated the measurements on the photo.

The chair itself is 4-1/2 in. square at the bottom and 3" square at the top before the chair was attached. It's 13" tall. Good luck...BTW the little nick-nacks I added were gotten at the local "Christmas Tree Shops" store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS