Batteries for Wixey stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Batteries on Wixey stuff tend to die fairly quickly, because they never actually shut off. I ordered some recently from dealextreme, and they appear to work just fine. No idea whether they last as long as batteries you buy retail, but for the price it's hard to go wrong. 20 for $3.67 shipped.

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.751

walnutjerry

New User
Jerry
Let me know how they last------------the spare that came with my angle gage was dead when I changed from the one in the gage. No point in having spares if they don't outlast what is in the gizmo.

That is a good price though--------I paid more than that for 1 at WallGreen.
Jerry

bwat

New User
Bill
I was told (may have been a company sales line) that they had addressed that issue on the newer models - specifically the planer guage with the angled head. Yet to be documented though...

walnutjerry

New User
Jerry
Let me know how they last------------the spare that came with my angle gage was dead when I changed from the one in the gage. No point in having spares if they don't outlast what is in the gizmo.

That is a good price though--------I paid more than that for 1 at WallGreen.
Jerry

CORRECTION: That was on the digital calipers not the wixey gage.

Jerry

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I don't have the Wixey, but if these are the flat round watch type of batteries, make sure that you don't touch the flat surfaces when installing. Hold them by the sides and drop them in, they will last longer. The oil from our fingers, get on the faces and causes contact problems. DAMHIKT:BangHead:.

Good Luck.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Batteries work great, Bas!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

Have to order some soon, at that price.

Thanks,

Wayne

DavidF

New User
David
Batteries on Wixey stuff tend to die fairly quickly, because they never actually shut off. I ordered some recently from dealextreme, and they appear to work just fine. No idea whether they last as long as batteries you buy retail, but for the price it's hard to go wrong. 20 for $3.67 shipped.

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.751

Uhmm maybe I'm not using mine enough, but both my angle gauge and TS gauge batteries are going strong nearly a year from first purchase. Both of them do shut off after about 10 mins.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Uhmm maybe I'm not using mine enough, but both my angle gauge and TS gauge batteries are going strong nearly a year from first purchase. Both of them do shut off after about 10 mins.
The screen shuts off, but some parts remain active.

From the Wixey FAQ:
The battery life should be over 6 months. with the unit turned on or off. Because the readout always maintains the calibration even when it is turned off, it is actually reading all the time. Turning it off only turns off the display which reduces the power consumption by 50%. There is an auto shut off feature in case you forget to turn it off.

But of course you're right, you're not using it enough. No such thing as too much shop time :gar-Bi

gritz

New User
Robert
Is anyone considering the shop temperatures? Cold conditions sap batteries pretty quickly.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Mine went dead rather quickley so I ordered 20 from BatteryBob's. Didn't get as good a price as "THE BAS" but who can beat "THE BAS" anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS