basswood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpatton

New User
rpatton
Hi everybody.

I am new to posting so please be patient with me.

i need some basswood.

the perfect wood would be:

3/4 thick
3.5 inches wide
atleast 6 inches long.

Now, after everyone finishes LOL, i can plane and cut as needed. i bought some from wall lumber and was dissappointed in the wood.

my wife an i make crafts for winter money....okay, okay we just like to craft. that is the reason for the odd size. anything close.

thanks,
robert

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey Robert! Welcome to our pile o sawdust!

The only time you'll get a laugh around here is when you display your own sense of humor :gar-Bi

About Bass. I was fortunate to get some from a fellow member now deceased. I too would like to know where a good source is for stuff over 1/4" thick. I'm thinkin' High Point should have a decent source but don't know of one at the moment. I'll wait with you to get a lead from some of our other members.

Barbara

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville carries 4/4. You can get it surfaced S4S for an additional $0.80/bf. They're very accommodating and real nice folks to work with.

http://hardwoodstore.com/lumber-prices

I'm guessing that 8/4 would be cost effective for resawing into 1/8"t pieces. :icon_scra

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Hi everybody.

I am new to posting so please be patient with me.

i need some basswood.

the perfect wood would be:

3/4 thick
3.5 inches wide
atleast 6 inches long.

Now, after everyone finishes LOL, i can plane and cut as needed. i bought some from wall lumber and was dissappointed in the wood.

my wife an i make crafts for winter money....okay, okay we just like to craft. that is the reason for the odd size. anything close.

thanks,
robert

What was wrong with the wood from Wall's?

attachment.php

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS