Bandsaw blade recommendation

Kelly

Kelly
User
For years I have been buying bandsaw blades from BS Tools in Toronto, based on a recommendation from Michael Fortune. I leave a 1/2” blade, 3 tpi skip tooth on my saw most of the time. But they have folded. So, I need a recommendation on a new source for a good general purpose blade.
Anybody ?

NCPAPOF2

New User
Curtis
I have used Timberwolf for about 15 years. When I bought my new Rikon I decided to try Lenox bimetal. Have to say I am a little disappointed. Do not seem as sharp initially which is the usual impression by users, but they stay sharp longer time will tell. Test cut in a pine 2x4 was very smooth, 3/8" 6tpi, but seemed to need more feed pressure. Going to process some scraps to make bandsaw boxes so we'll see after somecreal life usage.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Small plain steel blades, I use Bandsawblades.com ( Stumpy Nubs recommendation) but had thump-thump on larger than 1/2 inch. 1/4 and 3/8 have been fine. I have heard Union does a fine job. Most of the band stock actually comes from the same few suppliers, so the retailer is usually only welding and packaging. I put a Laguna carbide on for re-saw and it made a HUGE difference. Steel blades always need a hone on the back side and a quick de-burr on the teeth. I think Olson, Lennox and Starret actually make the blades. Could be mistaken. Well, in the vernacular, wrong. :) Harvey 14 inch, 3 HP.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS