Ball Bearings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
:help:

I'm in a bit of a bind, but some new bearings would fix it.

Pickle is, I need to pick them up some time friday. So, online ordering, which is how i'd normally do it, isn't an option.

I need an 8mm I.D. x 22 mm O.D, a 10mm I.D. x 30mm O.D and a third one I'm still working on pulling, so measurements are forthcoming.

I believe these are "Double Sealed" and "Radial". They came out of an old Craftsman sander. The bearings are Nachi. They are marked 7038, 7RS and 6200NSL. Not that thats important. Sears still sells them.

Again, I don't need any online site suggestions. I plan to be in Raleigh for lunch tomorrow, so anywhere between Hillsborough and Raleigh would work great :)

Many thanks! :notworthy:
Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jim:

Two excellent bearing supply houses in Raleigh are:

<H1 class="fn org">Motion Industries Inc
</H1>2000 Garner Station Boulevard, #2012,
Raleigh, NC 27603

http://www.motionindustries.com
(919) 779-7400
(919) 779-0838 Fax
(800) 248-5056 Toll Free

and:

Applied Industrial Tech Inc
1301 Corporation Parkway,
Raleigh, NC 27610

http://applied.com
(919) 231-6030
(919) 231-8140 Fax
(800) 662-9715 Toll Free

I think that Applied used to be Dixie Bearings, and probably has the best inventory.

Scott

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim, The others have suggested great places to buy bearings - sounds like you need to fix a sander quick, how about I loan you what you need until you get your sander fixed. I could bring whatever you need to the Fat Daddys lunch tomorrow. I have a 5" or 6" ros and a couple of 6" air sanders that you should try if you have a big boy air compressor. Just let me know your needs. phil

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Fantastic, I'll hit one or more of them tomorrow! Thanks for the recommendations.

Phil, I appreciate your offer, my tale is not one of need, but want. I have an old 1/2 sheet sander I thought I'd get whipped into shape for a sanding marathon on saturday. If its not done, no big loss. I have my Porter Cable 5" ROS sanders I'll use instead.

If I don't finish the rebuild tomorrow, it'll be a long time before I'd find a need for this beast.

I have tons of pics of this sander, now that its fully disassembled, more posts to follow later :)

Jim

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Bring the old bearing with you and take it to Motion Industries.
I have used them before and they can match anything - reasonable price also.

Woodsaw

New User
Qui
I also bought bearings for my table saw from Motion Industries before. The price is quite reasonable.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I bought bearings for my jointer shelix upgrade from Applied Industrial Technologies in Raleigh.

I can say I left with 2 bearings and $65 less in my wallet in sticker shock.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I got the distinct pleasure of hitting both stores!

I needed three different size bearings. Motion has two of them. They offered to have the third in on monday, but that wouldn't work with my "deadline".

So I bought the two and high tailed it over to Applied. Sure enough they had the other size. And a guy working who was almost as witty as myself!

I then got home and was able to use my homemade hydraulic press to install the new bearings.

All in all, a total success....

More on the sander and project in another thread I'll update shortly.

Thanks again, it was quite an eye opener that such places really exist!

Jim

gritz

New User
Robert
I was checking my bandsaw guides recently and found some bad bearings, and some headed that way. Local suppliers were priced online in the range of $3 t0 $6 each. I needed 6 to replace them all.

I went on line and found lots of reasonable options. I settled on a 10-pack for $20, and had them in three days.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
If anyone in Gastonia needs any bearings check out B&B on 321n.They are right beside Southern States.I was looking for some bearing and checked at NAPA.Yeap the had them for $15.B&B had the SAME one for $6.Go figure:dontknow:.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I hope this thread helps folks in the future find their bearings.... <har har har>

I didn't mention that Fastenal in both Durham and Raleigh sell a large selection of bearings as well.

They were out of my sizes when I called, but could have them next day.

Jim

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I was checking my bandsaw guides recently and found some bad bearings, and some headed that way. Local suppliers were priced online in the range of $3 t0 $6 each. I needed 6 to replace them all.

I went on line and found lots of reasonable options. I settled on a 10-pack for $20, and had them in three days.

So what website did you find to get 10 for $20??? That seems like a smoking deal @ $2 ea.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS