Another New (I don't look new) Woodworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyET

New User
Andy
I have been doing some kind of woodworking since I built our outhouse in Alabama in 1954 (as a very young child). I have a small shop in a one car garage (which has never seen a car).

I like to make furniture (Lingerie chests, toy boxes, ducks, cradles, secretaries...and the list goes on and on.)

Thank you for having me as a member. I look forward to swapping ideas and plans with you.

Andy :)

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to our site! I am sure that you'll find us to be a friendly and helpful group. Please request a photo album and share pictures of your work - we LOVE pictures!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
welcome to the friendliest woodworking forum on the net! You will find our talents and skill levels run the gamut from amateur to pro, but none too stuck on ourselves to answer questions in a manner to make each other feel dumb.

Remember to not give your BH the idea that that space with the tools in it may actually be a garage, that will only get you in trouble. And if she spreads that idea to the other spouses, we are all in trouble!:rolf:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Howdy Neighbor!

Welcome to the site. Wow you must really have a laundry list of projects that you have completed! You will find a lot of very friendly, knowledgeable folks here! We would love to see some pictures of some pf your work. With all of your past experiences, I am sure that you will be a good source for advice to us ww'ing newbies like myself!

See ya,

Wayne

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site Andy. I'd love to see some pictures, especially of the toy boxes. My wife wants one for our kids.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Andy and welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the net. Seems we have something in common. Your first project was an outhouse and my first one should have gone there!!!!!!

Again, welcome.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site Andy -- we look forward to seeing some of your work and are glad you found our band of dust producers.

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome again Andy, it is our pleasure to have you as a member. See you around!!!
Dave:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome! Glad to have you join us. :-D
Having grown up using "outdoor facilities" as a kid, it brings back all kinds of memories (fond is not one). I am currently in a debate with a friend of mine who I built an Outhouse shaped pumphouse for. Maybe you can settle it. Is the crescent moon on the door supposed to be a waxing moon or a waning one?? LOL
:?:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Andy! We have needed a man with you skills in NC. We've lead the nation for many years in the number of outhouses. One of many sources of pride for our state :lol:

Enjoy NCWoodworker,
Sapwood

woodguy1975

New User
John
sapwood said:
Welcome Andy! We have needed a man with you skills in NC. We've lead the nation for many years in the number of outhouses. One of many sources of pride for our state :lol:

Enjoy NCWoodworker,
Sapwood

Leave it to Sapwood. LOL

Welcome to our site Andy.

AndyET

New User
Andy
Hi,

Yes I have completed quite a few projects. I have some of them in an Album if you would like to view them. Go to Albums and select AndyET's Album.

sapwood

New User
Roger
AndyET said:
Yes I have completed quite a few projects. I have some of them in an Album if you would like to view them. Go to Albums and select AndyET's Album.
Yes you have completed quite a few projects--perhaps a little understated 8-O

Those are the kind of pixs that excites NCWoodworkers :-D

Great craftsmanship, diversity of projects, and a beautiful baby!
I'm sure your family appreciates the treasures you have created :icon_thum

Sapwood

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fabulous work Andy!

I particularly like your mahogany and oak cedar chests! Some day I too may have a beautiful grand daughter like the one you have too! Precious!!!!

Keep up the good work and thanks for posting all of those inspiring photo's!:eusa_danc

Wayne

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Andy. This is definitely the friendliest bunch I've ever met...or at least virtually met. Welcome and enjoy.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Andy. I see we are pert near neighbors. Can't wait to see some of your work. I like to build sorta the same stuff. Again, Welcome:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS