A Step Closer..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

New User
Jerry
and a question answered.

I took advice from Dave O and FredP and sliced off one side of the dogwood turning block leaving all the burl------well, almost all the burl. In doing so it answered a question I threw out in an earlier post about how the burl grew. The picture following will tell it all if you look close.:)

Jerry

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
hmmmm..... now all ya gots ta do is turn the bowl bottom leaving the burl and hollow out all the strait grain!:eusa_clap good luck! that dogwood is HARD STUFF. I turned a couple o mallets with the piece you gave dozer and I. should last a lifetime!

fred

walnutjerry

New User
Jerry
hmmmm..... now all ya gots ta do is turn the bowl bottom leaving the burl and hollow out all the strait grain!:eusa_clap good luck! that dogwood is HARD STUFF. I turned a couple o mallets with the piece you gave dozer and I. should last a lifetime!

fred

I may have to order a dozen lathe knives :rolf:------whatcha think? Maybe even a few more chucks? I am a sucker for a challenge though.

Those mallets you made will be around a looooooooooooong time. I have been using the one I made from dogwood for over 25 years.

Jerry

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
if ya bring it over here I'll let ya play on my new toy!:eusa_danc I could use the lessons........:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS