A clock for two wonderful people

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrollski

New User
Jim

This is one of two clocks I just finished for my cousin’s wife and a neighbor. They were instrumental in helping my sister feel comfortable during her last few days on this earth. She had been fighting breast cancer for the last 7 years. The cancer moved to her arms and liver. On September 2, 08 she lost the battle. She was 51. Both ladies were at her side helping and would not accept anything or take credit. We wanted to do something different other than flowers or something store bought, so I thought it would be appropriate to make something they would enjoy. I wood burned “thanks for the time” on the back of the clocks. The clocks are made form Spalted maple and walnut I purchased from Jeff’s lumber runs last year.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Beautiful clock. I am sorry to hear about your loss. That is a very special gift to both of them as they were special to your sister. They will treasure those.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Very beautiful clocks for some very beautiful people. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I'm sure the clocks will be very dear to them.

Brian.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim, you did an outstanding job. What a wonderful way to say thank you to 2 wonderful people. Your sister was blessed to have such great friends.

R

rickc

Very nicely done. Also carries the underlying theme of how precious our time on this pile of rocks is. I am sure they will appreciate the clock very much.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Jim, they will know you put a lot of love into making those clocks. The more love one gives away, the more one gets in return.

M

McRabbet

A very fitting gesture to thank two special people for their giving of comfort during your sister's final days -- you'll all cherish those fond memories of her so much more as a result.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow beautiful. And a much better thank-you gift than something bought, you put your soul into it and it shows :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
A beautiful tribute to those ladies. Wonderful work, Jim.

:notworthy:

What is it with this place called "Youngsville?" Seems to have a lock on our best scrollers!!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Jim, great job - I have looked at clocks like this but I just can't take that plunge - again great job:icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Jim, the clock looks incredible. :notworthy: I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. That is a great idea and gesture. They will definitely be appreciated.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Suhhhweeeeet !! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Having seen the other clocks in your house I am not surprised :eusa_danc

....not surprised but definately impressed ( again ) :notworthy:

BiggE98

New User
Eric
Sorry to hear of your loss. Great looking clock. That's amazing work and a creative idea for a gift.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS