Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Here's the latest update - test fit of the power plant. :mrgreen:

Yes, I'm dying to run it, no I haven't yet.......

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
It's a 3HP, 3450 RPM Leeson, I couldn't get a permit for the nuclear reactor. :lol:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wow Steve. I really like the way you mounted the motor to the casting!:eusa_clap
How did you ensure the alignment of the top and bottom pulleys?

Looks like it may be getting close to in-service! Is this all considered a "dry-fit" prior to paint?

Very, very good restoration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thank you, yes - dry fit before paint. I had the bracket custom made and took careful measurements for alignment. I had some play in & out with each sheave so I was able to get them dead on.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Heavy, heavy, heavy :cool:

Pretty sure we'll know when you pull the switch. It's definitely going to affect the power grid statewide :lol:

Great job :mrgreen:
Sapwood

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I need to verify clearance when I can set the beds back on, I think I can stub up a piece of conduit and mount the switch directly above the motor and behind the fence. The only problem now is the freakin' beds are so heavy, I need help just to move each half around.

M

McRabbet

Steve D said:
I need to verify clearance when I can set the beds back on, I think I can stub up a piece of conduit and mount the switch directly above the motor and behind the fence. The only problem now is the freakin' beds are so heavy, I need help just to move each half around.
You know where you can get a true "Heavy lifter" to help you out anytime! Just give me a holler!

Rob

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Looking good Steve.:icon_thum How do you add oil to the bearing reservoirs? I bet that baby is going to purr once you get it running.

D L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
DL,

There are holes in the top bearing cap. You can either add a few drops before use each day or attach a snap cap drip oiler that will slowly add oil. There is a felt wick in the reservoir below the bearing that is in contact with the shaft and wicks oil up from the reservoir. The experts tell me that I should use 30W detergent free oil. I'll probably just heep an oil can on the blade guard when not in use to remind my feeble brain.

D L Ames said:
Looking good Steve.:icon_thum How do you add oil to the bearing reservoirs? I bet that baby is going to purr once you get it running.

D L

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Yup,,NCPete,, I was eyes wide open to see the new miata or something,, maybe a monster miata 5.0. someday i will make a tiny rocket,,someday.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Steve D said:

Geesh, what a problem...the beds are SOOO HEAVY!!!

Go on, rub it in some more, Steve!

That's one nice looking machine. I can't wait to see it painted...maybe with a light coat of chips and SAWDUST!!

The gloat that never stops giving! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
:mrgreen: McRabbett came over tonight and helped move the tables so I can get them prepped. I'm guessing the infeed goes about 150# and the outfeed 200. It's nice to have a fellow woodworker nearby that doesn't mind a little heavy lifting.:icon_thum

cpowell said:
Geesh, what a problem...the beds are SOOO HEAVY!!!

Go on, rub it in some more, Steve!

That's one nice looking machine. I can't wait to see it painted...maybe with a light coat of chips and SAWDUST!!

The gloat that never stops giving! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors