Yet another new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Howdy from Garner. My buddy Joel Jordan introduced me to this site and you people make it look like a good place to come hang out.

I, too, just bought a two-car garage (with a house ) that I intend to turn into a workshop. I have it mostly wired with one or two minor details to work out before I put up the sheet rock. But the beer fridge and the dart board are already in place.

While I've been a woodworker on and off for close to 30 years (and I have scars to prove it) lately I've been leaning toward the scroll saw. It's become a family affair with Dad, Mom, and even my Sister battling over shop time at Dad's house.

But I've got lots of projects on my l.o.t.t.d. - book shelves, a garden shed to get all the yard tools out of my shop, head boards for two beds, and on, and on, and on.

Oh, in case you're wondering - I'm getting better about not sacrificing so much blood to the Sawdust Gods over the years.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome Don! Glad to have you. Let me be first to say the "we like pics!" statement. What kind of beer fridge did you install? Whatever it is Scott or Travis probably have a bigger one. :gar-Bi:rotflm:

Doug

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hello Don, and welcome to NCWW! There are some very talented scrollers here, so you are in good company. I can certainly assist in the sacrificing blood to the Sawdust department, just holler :)

We also like pictures - pictures of your workshop (it's already a workshop, not a garage...it just needs to be "decorated"), tools, completed work, family, pets, vacation etc. Lots and lots of pictures. Did I mention pictures?

Battling with the family over shop time - you're a lucky man! The family that scrolls together, eh, changes lots of blades together? :icon_bigg

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Don,

Let me add another welcome to our Pile-O-Sawdust. It's always good to welcome another woodworker. We really would like to see some photos of your work... it helps the rest of us with ideas, inspiration, and also some et ceteras too.:gar-Bi

Ray

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Re: Yet another new member (with pictures)

Fortunately, I had a few project pictures on the old thumbdrive...so they are in my Member Gallery.

Dang it Ray...I use that tag line in the metal shop all the time.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Don,

It's good to have you here with us, if you're not doing anything on Mon. 2/18 you can join a bunch of us at the Flying Saucer (post listed below) for a few cold ones :eek:ccasion1( maybe Joel told you about it). Anyway we're a friendly bunch, feel free to start or join in on any posts, everyones input is welcome. Once again, it's good to have you join us and I hope to see you Mon.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12786

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Re: The truth comes out..

Jimmy, you've discovered the truth!...Yes, Joel told me about the gathering, and I intend to be there. Joel knows I like beer, and I like making saw dust...and not always in that order. :wink_smil

I figured I should at least look in here...and like it so much, I had to join.

See ya Monday.

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Welcome my old friend! :icon_chee

For those of you who dont know, Don and I have been friend for many years and he will be an excellent addition to the group. :eusa_clap Unfortunately we dont live quite close enough to swap sawdust real often but we do gloat quite a bit by phone and email! :wink_smil

btw - these folks like pictures Don, did they mention that?? :mrgreen:

:eusa_danc W E L C O M E! :eusa_danc

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Don!

"just bought a two-car garage (with a house )" :rotflm:

I just spit my drink all over the computer when I read that, thanks. :icon_thum I can't wait to see some of your work. PICS!!!!

Trent

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Don, the few weeks I have been hanging out here I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Before you start sheetrocking you might consider OSB for the walls. Some of us have gone that route for less hassle, lower expense and greater durability.

PS - Your dragons are awesome.:eusa_clap

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little corner of the world, Don!:icon_thum

This is a great site with great folks. I look forward to your input.:eusa_danc

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Don and welcome to NCWWer!
Look forward to seeing you here and perhaps Monday at the Saucer :icon_thum

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed
Wow Don, looks like you have that scroll saw figured out! The wolf is fantastic and the dragon is really cool too. Glad you joined up and look forward to your input. You've been introduced to a great group!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Don, from another member around the underbelly of Raleigh. I look forward to meeting you on Monday, and reading your input in the forums.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS