Yes, I still do woodworking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I haven't had much in the way of woodworking projects to post lately but that is changing now that I'm back on the kitchen. I just finished the second and final countertop. It is 8/4 cherry and the profile mimics the shape of the cabinets. It was awesome to work this wood with the 12" Cresent. I did the other countertop on my 6" jointer and the weight and length of the wood made it a real challenge. Needless to say, the Crescent did not move around while I was working these boards. :eusa_clap

MikeH

New User
Mike
I haven't had much in the way of woodworking projects to post lately but that is changing now that I'm back on the kitchen. I just finished the second and final countertop. It is 8/4 cherry and the profile mimics the shape of the cabinets. It was awesome to work this wood with the 12" Cresent. I did the other countertop on my 6" jointer and the weight and length of the wood made it a real challenge. Needless to say, the Crescent did not move around while I was working these boards. :eusa_clap

That sure is pretty! The drawer fronts are very unique! :lol: What do you call that? :rolf:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Beautiful wood and design. Glad you're back with a great project to keep us in suspense!

M

McRabbet

Nice job on the counter tops, Steve -- Drawer fronts to come next, right?

Rob

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
That sure is pretty! The drawer fronts are very unique! :lol: What do you call that? :rolf:

I call that "Next" :lol: I tried to tell my wife that this type of cabinet is the new open / urban look but she said...:slap:

The finish is just the Minwax wipe on poly. I probably would have used something else but in a recent Fine Woodworking test, it outperformed the other "premium" finishes that cost up to 4 times as much.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I call that "Next" :lol: I tried to tell my wife that this type of cabinet is the new open / urban look but she said...:slap:

The finish is just the Minwax wipe on poly. I probably would have used something else but in a recent Fine Woodworking test, it outperformed the other "premium" finishes that cost up to 4 times as much.

The entire thing is beautiful and I hope you know I was joking. :) By the way, my wife would say the same thing. :eusa_doh:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
The entire thing is beautiful and I hope you know I was joking. :) By the way, my wife would say the same thing. :eusa_doh:

Yes, I knew you were joking... I took on a number of paying projects and the kitchen project (and the rocking chair) ended up on the back burner....pun intended. I need to get the doors an d drawer front finished up so that I can get the rocker and several other furniture pieces back in the works.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful, Cherry counter tops.....now that's a woodworker's house. I really like them :icon_thum :icon_thum

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

For those of you (new members or old) that haven't seen Steve's beautiful kitchen cabinets up close, be sure to browse through his Gallery to get the full picture! They are incredible!

Rob

J

jeff...

Cherry counter tops - what will they think of next? I like, I like :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
8/4 cherry!
Looks great and should last forever ;-)
We've missed you and the fine woodwork you produce.

Roger

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
8/4 cherry!
Looks great and should last forever ;-)
We've missed you and the fine woodwork you produce.

Roger

Thanks Roger, and belated happy bithday to you. I spent all day again today in my shop milling up drawer front material. It's nice to be working in the shop again, instead of dragging my tools around with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors