Yes I really do get some work done in my shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I make a lot of designer saw dust but I don't post a lot of pictures. Just complete a set of these layered crosses. The designer is Alex Fox. He makes patterns for scroll saw and automated processes (cnc and laser). This design is made of layers of 1/8" Baltic Birch. Every other layer (2nd and 4th) where stained with a cherry stain prior to glue up.

42570052_2055120584520255_7028200941765525504_n.jpg

This is Alex's pattern website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Last edited:

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
looks great, thanks for the link to his site, bookmarked a few to buy later to try out on the CNC.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm pleased to see you really do cut things in your shop Scott!:gar-Bi
For those who are not scrollers, the difficulty in cutting symmetrical pieces is very high and takes an experienced scroll sawyer. Super job brother!

cskipper

Cathy
Did you apply a finish to the piece? If so, what did you use and how did you do it? I bought one of his other pieces and am unsure how to apply a finish since it is 5 layers and 5/8" deep with the smaller openings at the bottom.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Did you apply a finish to the piece? If so, what did you use and how did you do it? I bought one of his other pieces and am unsure how to apply a finish since it is 5 layers and 5/8" deep with the smaller openings at the bottom.

The one in the picture has no finish. It looks fine as is. I plan to spray it with Natural Deftoil to see if it makes it pop. Will let you know.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Very nice indeed! Don't feel like the Loan Ranger for not showing your work. I've been designing and building new cabinets, saw stands, workbench etc. for at least 4 years now. I've built a few non-shop things, but most of my efforts have been the cabinets etc. I'm going to post to my gallery very soon.

Pop
:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS