Xmas Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Well it's that time of year again and I got busy in the shop. We've got 14 Grand Nieces and Nephews that we gift to. In the last few years we've switched from toys and clothes to gift cards. Ten of the fourteen are all pre-college and pre-high school. So we decided it would be nice for them to open up a gift box rather than an envelope. Since I was going to make ten plus gifts that required mitered corners, went ahead and built a miter sled with "T" track. It came out dead accurate and made the production run a piece of cake.

The boxes were made of oak, walnut and cherry scraps/cutoffs that were piling up in the shop. All the mitered corners were reinforced with splines. The oak and cherry w/walnut and the walnut with maple. I have a buddy that just got a laser setup and he engraved the boxes with the kids name. I'm really happy with "Odie's Oil Finish" , my new "go-to" finish for small projects.

Here are some pics of the miter sled and the boxes plus a few other gifts that got added to the list as I was working. Thanks for looking.

Miter Sled.JPG
Xmas Boxes 1.JPG
Xmas Box 5.JPG
Xma.JPG
Xmas Boxes 4.JPG
Xmas Boxes 6.JPG
Xmas Tray `1.JPGXmas Boxes 3.JPG

Dan C.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, as always, Dan. I hope the nieces and nephews realize the box is more valuable than the gift card inside. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS