WTB: Oscillating Spindle Sander

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Have a project for dearly beloved and need an oscillating spindle sander.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Gene, I used a Ryobi sander (no longer made) for years. It was a great machine. The Grizzly GO538 is the same machine. $205 shipped from Grizzly or $194 from Home Depot.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
I use the Ridgid spindle/belt sander and it works great. It’s about $300 from Home Depot and you hook a shop vac up to the back of it and it does a decent job of controlling dust. Comes with 5 spindles (I think) and the belt attachment - spindles and belt assembly are interchangeable.

kelLOGg

Bob
Senior User
Do you want to buy or borrow one? I have a small one you could borrow but I quite a distance from you.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bob,
This is a single project use at this time. I'm sculpting the base and sides for two sets of steps for a high boy bed. Borrowing would be the cheap route for sure. I don't have plans to be back in NC until the Extravaganza. I do appreciate your offer but not sure dearly beloved can wait that long. However, if you or someone (PE) are headed to Hotlanta, I'm 3 miles off the I20, just before Augusta GA, for the loan. And, thank you very much for the offer.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I have a Wen belt/spindle sander I use for making briar pipes. Vacuum pickup is very good and have had no issues with it. Amazon has it for ~ $200.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I made the mistake of selling my WEN for the Ridgid spindle/belt unit. I liked the WEN as it had a longer stroke than most of the look-alike ones. Almost tempted to go back.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS