WOW what a difference. (Delta Planer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Before Christmas I bought some 8/4 hard maple and some 8/4 Purple Heart. They were both about 6 inches wide and 12 feet long. I cut them in half and then cut them down to 18 inch lengths and made a few cutting boards for family and sold 3. It took me about 6 hours to Run it all on the jointer and planer. (part of that 6 hours was going to Lowes and buying new Knives and installing them ) But it took me a full 6 hours to do it. Today I did the rest of the 8/4 boards Cutting them into 18 inch lengths again some were 21. I ran them on the Jointer and ran them in the new planer and it took not quit 2 hours. I couldnt belive how much faster the Delta planer was.

Delta_Planer_039.jpg

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
You deserve it ... one more YOU SUCK!

That is a beauty and I think you got a great price on it. I know of the exact same one -- without the Shelix -- on sale locally and was tempted, but then the LOML will want to leave (or kill) me!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now you get my most hearty SUCKAGE, it's unloaded and actually been put to use. Now you have a legimate gloat :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
You deserve it ... one more YOU SUCK!

That is a beauty and I think you got a great price on it. I know of the exact same one -- without the Shelix -- on sale locally and was tempted, but then the LOML will want to leave (or kill) me!
Look on the bright side. If she left you, with the alimony payments you would have to sell all your tools. If she killed you, she would have an estate sale and sell all your tools.:eusa_booh Either way several here would have some gloats to post.:-D Go ahead and buy that planer. I bought a Delta 380 last year. It did in five minutes what my lunch box did in three hours.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I bought a used 15'' Powermatic this year and was also amazed at how much better it was than my lunchbox planer, and to boot it was only $400 so it didn't cost that much.

Jimmy:)

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I bought a used 15'' Powermatic this year and was also amazed at how much better it was than my lunchbox planer, and to boot it was only $400 so it didn't cost that much.

Jimmy:)

400? :tinysmile_cry_t4:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Nice! Moving up from a lunchbox to a 15" is like night and day to me. Before I could cut 1/16" max, now I can go up to 3/16". Leaves a lot more time to do other stuff than just plane lumber which does get old when you have a lot of it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS