WOW! JUST WOW!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was fortunate to visit @bobby g's shop last week and there is no way to describe it other than WOW!
Frankly, I could live there, aside from the fantastic space and my tool drool, I think it would be humbling to learn from Bobby...
Thank you for the tour Bobby and It was also a pleasure to meet Jean too!

After this PanDUMBic is over and you have an opportunity to meet Bobby and Jean have them give you a tour of the shop - SIMPLY AWESOME!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, Bobby has one of the nicer and more spacious shops around. I got the idea of using the flooring he uses after spending a day in a carving class at his shop and noticing my feet and knees weren't sore.

He used to be very active on this site, but has since had other things get in the way of his posting here.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I was fortunate to visit @bobby g's shop last week and there is no way to describe it other than WOW!
Frankly, I could live there, aside from the fantastic space and my tool drool, I think it would be humbling to learn from Bobby...
Thank you for the tour Bobby and It was also a pleasure to meet Jean too!

After this PanDUMBic is over and you have an opportunity to meet Bobby and Jean have them give you a tour of the shop - SIMPLY AWESOME!
Yup - Amen to all that!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
My first month as a member of NCWW I got to go on a Shop Crawl and the last shop was bobby g's. WOW! ! ! is right. I was blown away by the organization and the cleanliness. Since then I have seen it a couple more times and each time is just as impressive as the first. Definitely worth a visit if you get the opportunity.

Danny Batchelor

Danny
User
Yes, I got a peek at his shop last week when I went to Pittsboro to pick up the box jig I had bought from him. The shop tour was definitely worth the drive. One thing that stood out was the placement of his dust collector nearly in the center of his almost square shop. Great idea! It was enclosed, for sound proofing , but more importantly, it gave him all this wall space for storage; both on the interior walls as well as the outside ones. And of course the collector is in the center of the room making shorter duct runs. Brilliant!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
... was the placement of his dust collector nearly in the center of his almost square shop. .... of course the collector is in the center of the room making shorter duct runs. Brilliant!
Agreed entirely, and yet the conventional wisdom or common saying is that 'the table saw is the center/heart of a shop'

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
I was just there a couple weeks ago and I’ll have to agree it is IMPRESSIVE. Every time I turned around I saw something else. Jealous is an understatement.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Thanks for the compliments. I got a lot of the ideas by visiting other shops such as Bill Clemmens' the back-to-back table saw setup. It was our pleasure to have all of you visit. We would love to be a part of another shop crawl whenever that will be possible again.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
We would love to be a part of another shop crawl whenever that will be possible again.
Hopefully soon Bobby!
And for anyone who hasn't been - Bobby's shop, Bill Clemmens' shop, Phil Soper's shop are three GREAT visits, I am sure there are lots of others, but I can personally vouch for those as I have been there, done that and been blown away!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Hank your forgetting brother Charlie. Never have had the pleasure of seeing Bobby's shop but have heard many good things about it

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank your forgetting brother Charlie. Never have had the pleasure of seeing Bobby's shop but have heard many good things about it
I am not forgetting Charlie - I have never been there!
I DO need to put that on my list...
My fear is that once I see it and the segmented turning, then I will go head-first down another rabbet hole!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS