Worth Wood group in Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herb

New User
Herb
I am not familiar with this company and they were recommended to me today. I live about 70 miles south of Charlotte. Any purchase would be small as I do woodworking as a hobby. Would they be a good source for wood?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Herb

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Wurth here in Raleigh has some nice good quality woods and plywood, they are NOT Lowes or Depot so expect to pay more money. They also carry many many types that neither box stores carry.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Hi Herb,

I live in Kershaw County. In Lugoff there's a company called Roy's Wood Products that was recommended to me. I haven't checked them out yet though. There is also a sawmill up on Flat Rock Road near Lake Wateree.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I would hope you could find what you need in Columbia. Wurth has pretty much everything but they cater more to the Professional Cabinet trade and their prices without discounts plus a tank of gas to CLT and back will be painful.

Post a general idea of what you're looking for and maybe some of our Midlands members here will speak up.

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Wurth, in Charlotte does deal with the public. Their prices are reasonable and they have a good stock of quality domestic woods, like oak, maple, poplar, alder, walnut, cherry, etc. They do not carry exotics. There are a few imported woods like sapele. They are also a good source for Baltic birch plywood, but only in full (5X5) sheets which they will not cut.So if you cannot fit a 5' wide sheet in your vehicle ur out of luck unless you cut it yourself with a battery operated saw in their parking lot. They will saw lumber to length.
If you call them, they will give you hardwood prices over the phone.
I use them frequently and have always been satisfied.
Matt...

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I am not familiar with this company and they were recommended to me today. I live about 70 miles south of Charlotte. Any purchase would be small as I do woodworking as a hobby. Would they be a good source for wood?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Herb

Wurth Wood Group is a great company to deal with. They have lumber, plywood, hardware and more. Pretty cool place. They are open to the public. If you have no place closer for material, it is worth the trip.

Red

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Wurth is okay. You just have to understand their business model. It is geared toward cabinet builders and installers. Therefore most of their wood is going to be S3S or S4S, and the species is going to be the familiar cabinet species. They have many layers of pricing, even if you are a legit business. Which can be more than a little frustrating until you know them and they know you. They've turned out to be my best source for baltic ply and specialty sheet goods. The wood prices they have quoted me have been competitive with other suppliers but I can't use it because it's already been dressed.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Carolina Lumber Sourcing are great folks to deaL with. It looks like they are in Orangeburg now but are still using the same phones.

Herb

New User
Herb
Ronnie has a good deal of my money already. His lumber is already dressed and has a nice price on it. We also have another place not far from Manntool, Woodzone that sells wood. I was just told that Worth offers a better deal than our local dealers and was wondering about there quality.

Thanks for the reply,

Herb

Herb

New User
Herb
Roy's is great, but limited. Our club has taken several tours of his operation. I was just looking for other sources.

thanks

Herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS