Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
The guy clearly just copied and pasted all of that from the internet. Even if the stuff is fairly used, I'd say that is a pretty good deal. I would inquire about the condition of the tools, how old, etc.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/1759798587.html I currently don't have a router or table and was thinking this may do ok to get me by until next year. Think its worth it?

The deal is only worth the cost of the router in used shape. The table is too small and not very stable for routing a lot of work. Router table operation can cause injuries. The router spins fast and the bits are very sharp. People lose fingers or have them mangled. Sorry to use graphic descriptions but you will NOT be able to take back your actions if you have an accident on that table.

For a table you are better off with a 1/4 sheet of melamine clamped to sawhorses with a straight edge board for a clamp. Screw the base under the bottom and leave it attached. Use it until you can make one that you want or find one for sale.

MTCW.

Chuck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS