Workshop Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Well my shop is coming along pretty well. I spent the weekend working on the workshop Island which will serve many uses. First it will handle the out feed for my table saw. Second it will serve as a work area and assembly table. Third it will serve as storage on both sides with one side with drawers and the other will have cabinet doors and shelves taking up the rest of the space under the table. Once completed I will have a woodworking vise installed. Everything will be at hand. I still need to finsh the frame and stain it. My health has slowed my progress down alot. I just hope I will be able to use my shop once I get it completed. Terry

Last edited:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
that looks like a great addition for your shop! I know I can never have enough table top space available! Enjoy!!

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Terry:
That looks great..
But technically isn't that a penisula ;-)
I have my shop set up with an island as well and really like the flexibility it offers
Gary

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Terry, that will be a very handy addition to your shop. Do you have a way of adjusting the height of the island/penisula? From the picture it looks to be a tad heigher than the TS table.
Dave:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Terry, that will be a very handy addition to your shop. Do you have a way of adjusting the height of the island/penisula? From the picture it looks to be a tad heigher than the tablesaw table.
Dave:)
Yes there are leg adjusters on all six legs. I haven't got it adjusted to exact height yet as I will be moving it a bit to fit the tower that comes from the ceiling to the floor for my electrical and airline for the compressor. I will install that when I get the table finished. But if you look at the legs you will see the adjusters. Terry

T

toolferone

Looking good, but don't forget to route out slot extenstions for your miter gauge!

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
That is a fine looking multi purpose table Terry. It looks strong enough to park a small truck on. Is that hardwood parquet floors in your shop?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That looks great, Terry. :icon_thum

If I ever manage to use up the wood stored under my assy table I'd love to [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] borrow your idea! :lol: :lol:

Nice looking shop - I like the floors.

Chuck

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
That is a fine looking multi purpose table Terry. It looks strong enough to park a small truck on. Is that hardwood parquet floors in your shop?

Yes! I wanted a hardwood floor but had to go with the parquet type. I laid it myself sitting on an office chair that was as low as it could go. Could not do on my knees as my right knee was damaged at work in 1992. BTY they are scheduling me for a whole knee replacement I found out today. Going to be along hot summer. Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors