Workbench storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
About ten years ago when I built my bench I thought this has a nice space for some storage. Every time I finished cleaning up after a project I thought I ought to build some drawers under there. The article a couple of issues back in FWW finally got me going. I used some leftover cherry plywood faced with cherry strips for a simple dado, screw, and glue case. Solid cherry drawer fronts with poplar boxes side-hung for the drawers. The drawer pulls came from the $2 bin at Salvage Discount. The case slides in from the front and is anchored with a couple of drywall screws at the back.

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg
I already see the some improvement. Much more workspace when things are stored off the horizontal surfaces.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice looking drawers. Looks like you left room for the hold-downs to still function. Functional and good-looking - what more could you ask for?

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
That looks great. half blind dovetails are a nice upgrade for a shop bench. That cabinet would look good in a kitchen.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, and every bench deserves the very best you can do.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Super idea! I've got just the place for this!! Skymaster, we could do this, right? Nice work, brother!

:notworthy:

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Looks awesome! If I can ever finish my bench... maybe I'll try some storage. If they turn out half as nice as yours I'll consider them a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS