Workbench Finally Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
Finally finished this monster and am , for the most part, happy with the way it turned out. I completely botched the tail vise install. It works, but the cavity cut out where the block slides looks like terrible. The leg vise went much smoother and it works and looks pretty good.

Construction 2x6 lumber with Cherry end cap and vise chop. It's solid and does not move when planing, hammering or chiseling, I did a lot of that!

I had planned on this being kind of a practice run and building another out of Hard Maple, but I don't think I'll be doing this again for at least a few years! I'm sure that tail vise took a couple of years off my life.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 304

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
WOW!
Looks GREAT, I will bet it is a dream to work on.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
It turned out really nice Daivd, I'm sure it'll give you years of solid service.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice job, David. Do you have more pics? I'd love to see it from different angles. I seem to have a thing for workbenches. :roll:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nice job, David. Do you have more pics? I'd love to see it from different angles. I seem to have a thing for workbenches. :roll:

Bill beat me to the question. You said that you "botched the tail vise install" so show us a few pics of that outcome. Nonetheless, if the tail vise works as advertised you should be a happy woodworker!

mbromley

New User
Bromley
Beautiful bench! I have some serious workbench envy. I really need to spend some time and build a more solid bench with some nice vises. As others mentioned I would love to see some more pictures from different angles.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
More pictures.

The tail vise that I screwed up. The walls that the chop slide against are specifically what I don't like. I was chopping it out from the bottom and just blew out the top. I could sand them down smooth, but that would leave an even bigger gap, so I'm leaving it as is.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The size ended up being 24"x 86" I really like the size.

attachment.php

The vises are very nice and smooth with great clamping pressure. The leg vise was pretty easy to install.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9891.jpg
    IMG_9891.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_9579.jpg
    IMG_9579.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_3016.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 205

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That turn out sweet David, I hope you enjoy it for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS