Work table completed with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
Well essentially done with this shop table except for bottom shelf, and possibly a small vise at one end.

Top is ash and finished with Danish oil, and base is 2x6's that once re milled revealed some grain of their own. Put BLO on the base.

Top measured out at 1 1/8 x 35 x 71 1/2, so enough room for assembly and still leave room for some tools at hand on the table top.
P1010074.jpg

P1010075.jpg

Even cleaned all the sawdust off the floor to start next projects, small table for porch and a miter saw station.
P1010077.jpg

Making that large of a top was a big learning experience for me in milling, jointing, and producing tight fits.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice job on the work table and cleaning up the shop. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up That table looks very similar to the tables I have in my shop, only I used counter tops for the table tops. Looking forward to seeing the porch table and MS station.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Certainly looks like a workbench to me.

Congratulations.... now get back to work! :wink_smil

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Ash is one of my favorite woods to work with. Great looking workbench!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work, Bob!:eusa_danc

I gotta carve out some time in between projects for others to build me a new bench one of these days.

Yours sure looks sturdy and that ash is nice looking wood!:icon_thum

Wayne

Cato

New User
Bob
Thanks for the nice comments all, and this was much needed in that area of the shop. Ash finished out nice and I am happy to be past the stress of gluing up the large panel.

Putting the rough ash through the jointer was the hardest part for me. No matter how slick I had the jointer table and fence, the ash just did not want to feed very well and I was taking very shallow passes.

Really just had to force it through. Got a little easier once it had been planed, but for the most part it fought me in that phase.

Maybe shorter lengths than the 6 ft boards would be a lot easier to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS