Work Sharp 3000 $62.25 at Home Depot Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
First they tell me that paypal is not accepted on major appliances, :icon_scra. Which is the way I paid. So I give her my credit card number and she says "I can't over-ride the payment because the item is out of stock.:cool:" Then she says I can watch online and reference my old order number and they will honor the price if and when the item comes back in stock. I politely explained that she could leave my order in the canceled state. She was very helpful in trying by the way.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I tried the phone call route too.

Spoke with Andre. He told me that the manufacturer could not supply enough inventory to fill the number of orders received by HD. He also said that Home Depot was unsure when or if this item would be re-stocked and if it was, that the sale price may or may not be honored at that time.

cptully

New User
Chris
I ordered mine using PayPal on 12/26, and instantly got the notification from PayPal that they have collected the money for the order... I just checked my email and have two confirmation emails but upon checking the website, it shows that the order is still being processed.... I'll post an update if it goes through...:tongue2:

JonT

New User
Jon
Thanks for this -- I'm in!

Update 28Dec 4pm: And as of 4pm, I'm "out." HD customer-no-service cancelled my order without explanation, even after confirming the order by email and on the "order status" website. Bummer.

You guys who got one (or more than one)-- enjoy it! That's a seriously gloat-worthy deal.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Mine arrived today! I placed a second order (backordered) and that one was canceled. I guess my brother is not going to get a surprise sharpener for his chisels.

remedialwoodworker

New User
steve
I got the same cancellation email - BUT -

I called the number in the email and got a new confirmation number. If you tried to pay using PayPal, that may have been the problem - it was for me. Gave the operator a cc# and everything is moving forward again.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Re: I got the same cancellation email - BUT -

I called the number in the email and got a new confirmation number. If you tried to pay using PayPal, that may have been the problem - it was for me. Gave the operator a cc# and everything is moving forward again.

Some of us have tried that with no success. I was told that they could not order/re-order since the product was out of stock.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
I think Worksharp is to blame for this. It's like the 50% off sale Worksharp had a few months ago where they undercut all their suppliers and had to cancel that very quickly. It seems like they actually gave the go ahead to Home Depot for this sale and then are not honoring their end by keeping Home Depot stocked.

reprosser

New User
Rick
Spoke with Andre. He told me that the manufacturer could not supply enough inventory to fill the number of orders received by HD. He also said that Home Depot was unsure when or if this item would be re-stocked and if it was, that the sale price may or may not be honored at that time.
Sounds like they know exactly what they are doing...:no:

I think Worksharp is to blame for this. It's like the 50% off sale Worksharp had a few months ago where they undercut all their suppliers and had to cancel that very quickly. It seems like they actually gave the go ahead to Home Depot for this sale and then are not honoring their end by keeping Home Depot stocked.

I don't know for sure, but I saw on another WWing site where someone contacted WorkSharp, and they were in the dark about the HD pricing and had not been able to contact anyone at HD to discuss.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
ah thanks for the info. I read elsewhere that someone bought one from Woodcraft for the same price so thought it was a real WorkSharp offer and put 2 and 2 together to get 5, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS