Work Sharp 3000 $62.25 at Home Depot Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Got mine ordered.

The Wife got me a WS2000 for Christmas. She paid more for the 2000 than what the 3000 is selling for at HD.

Time for a re-gift. :gar-Bi

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm gonna try later on (not TOO much later). When I see deals like this I have to wonder if WS is about to come out with a new & improved version - like maybe a WS4000.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Confirmation states expected back order. I knew that would be the case and I am OK with that. They honored the price, I can wait.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Just got my order confirmation confirming the price.

Nothing in my email says anything about the backorder. Doesn't really matter, it'll get here when it gets here. :wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Just got my order confirmation confirming the price.

Nothing in my email says anything about the backorder. Doesn't really matter, it'll get here when it gets here. :wsmile:

I viewed my order online with the order number and that is where I saw the "expected back order"

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks Ken for letting us know:icon_thum - I just ordered mine - waiting on the e-mail

How can they sale something @ 249.00 and then cut it to 62.25 really floors me - not complaining just wondering how they can do this -

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Got an order confirmation # but don't have the email yet.
:icon_cheers BOOYAH!

Ben325e

New User
Ben
9:18 I'm gonna try later on (not TOO much later). When I see deals like this I have to wonder if WS is about to come out with a new & improved version - like maybe a WS4000.

10:06 Got an order confirmation # but don't have the email yet.
:icon_cheers BOOYAH!

You weren't kidding about the later on, eh Dennis?!! :rotflm: I did the same thing. I picked up three. I figured that I could either gift two of them, sell them to someone who wasn't able to make the deal in time, or just return them if I couldn't find any use for them.

Almost seems like the 'loss leader' sales model... take a hit on the machine, but make up for it in abrasives over time...

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Got a second email confirming that the item is on backorder and will ship when available.

Based on how many folks on this site alone have ordered one (or more), the backorders may take some time to fill.

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Thanks for letting everyone know. I may actually have a sharp tool in the shop when I get this.:icon_thum

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
Just ordered 2 myself, and got an order number via their site, at 2:40 PM.
We'll see how long the confirmation takes.

EDIT for confirmation email:

I got my confirmation email which had a time of 3:32PM on it. An interesting note on this. In reading the email it has the order time as 3:10PM which is 30 minutes after it was actually placed. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but that may be why the actual emails are taking a bit to get to you. Their site, for whatever reason, is running slow. Are there any web programmer savvy types on here that can shed light on that kind of thing??

Bunch of folks on here gonna be like expectant fathers waiting on their babies while waiting on those things to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS