Woodworking Summer Camp Instructors needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I got this email via Charlotte Woodworkers. I know some members are college/grad students so this might be of interest to them. But I also wonder if they'd Alex be a camper/instructor!!!

First: Jed
Last: Dorfman
Address: 1000 Cape Moonshine Rd
City: Piermont
State: NH
Zip: 03779
EMAIL: jed@campwalt.com
B1: Submit

Comments:

Hi Woodworkers,

I am hoping that this email can be forwarded to the appropriate person. My name is Jed Dorfman and I am the Director of Camp Walt Whitman in New Hampshire. We are currently seeking two woodworking instructors to join us for the summer. I am hoping that you might have a member of your woodworking association who you think might be interested. I have pasted below a job description. If I can answer any questions please let me know. Please feel free to send this to anyone whom you think might be appropriate. Thank you so much!

CAMP WALT WHITMAN SEEKS WOODWORKING INSTRUCTORS

Camp Walt Whitman, a co-ed, traditional New England summer camp, is looking for two Woodworking instructors for this summer. We are currently seeking both an experienced Woodshop Director as well as a Woodshop counselor.

The sound of hammers pounding and saws buzzing is a constant at Camp Walt Whitman. In the confines of our woodshop our campers have the opportunity to create projects from the simple to the complex. Sample projects from last summer include birdhouses or mailboxes, wooden bowls and wooden pens, plaques that campers can send home to their parents and Adirondack chairs for the porches of cabins. Above all, our woodshop instructors create a safe environment for instruction that encourages creativity and fun.

Camp Walt Whitman is located on beautiful Lake Armington in New Hampshire's White Mountains. Our staff spends days off in Montreal, Boston, Burlington, & the Maine seashore. We have 400 campers and over 200 staff members who last summer came to CWW from 37 states and 12 countries.

Please visit our website at www.campwalt.com/staff and watch our staff video – see what it’s like to work at camp. We can be reached by phone: 800-657-8282 or by email: staff@campwalt.com. We would love the opportunity to tell you more about these positions.

Compensation includes salary, travel stipend, room and board.
Dates for Summer 2011 are June 12 through August 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS