Woodworking schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

joec

joe
User
I have decided I want to learn using hand planes/sharpening as the next phase of my woodworking hobby. I think going to a school for several days would jump start this process and be fun to boot. Anybody have any experience with Gregory Paolini's classes? He is west of Asheville. I know about the school in Pittsboro but his schedule does not match mine (yet). Any other advice, different schools etc appreciated.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I can't speak from experience, but know that Brian Boggs offers a class in hand tools at his Asheville studio (he may not be the teacher).

joec

joe
User
I can't speak from experience, but know that Brian Boggs offers a class in hand tools at his Asheville studio (he may not be the teacher).

I just found out that Gregory Paolini has his own studio and teaches there as well as being a instructor in Boggs Asheville classes.

bwat

New User
Bill
I have taken a few of Greg Paolini's classes and would highly recommend them/him.:icon_thum He has a great approach to teaching and you will get as much hands on as possible. Whatever your skill level Greg makes you feel at ease and comfortable. Let me know what you find, I could use another class.:eusa_danc

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I've taken handplane and handtool classes from Bill Anderson in Chapel Hill and I highly recommend them. He's an instructor in the Woodwright school but also holds classes in his own workshop and at the Campbell school.

http://www.edwardsmountainwoodworks.com/pls/htmldb/f?p=EMW_8329:HOME:0

He's a member here, and it's worth getting on his mailing list to receive class notifications.

Mike

+1 for Bill. He is a highly skilled craftsman and a great teacher.

bobby g

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
You can not go wrong with either Greg or Bill. FWIW there are lots to do in the Asheville area so if you take the LOYL you could score some major points.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Not trying to promote myself or anything like that - But I did wan't to thank all those folks who have nice things to say about the time we've spent together!

Thanks!
Gregory

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Not trying to promote myself or anything like that - But I did wan't to thank all those folks who have nice things to say about the time we've spent together!

Thanks!
Gregory

Greg,

It's all true and I look forward to the next class that I get to attend.

All the best,

bobby g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS