Woodworking in America 2012 site selection UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I got this email from PWW today:

"Help us break a four-way tie!

It's been a month since the Woodworking in America 2011 conference was held in Greater Cincinnati, and we've already begun to plan for WIA 2012. Two weeks ago, we asked for your input on where to hold the next Woodworking in America conference. Your response was tremendous, but when the survey closed, we had a virtual four-way tie (two of the locations have now been eliminated). Please help us break the tie, by answering this one final question: http://svy.mk/rOHxiD

Thank you kindly,

Woodworking in America Conference team"

Unfortunately the link (in the email and on the Pop WW web site) takes you the PWW page but doesn't present the question! It gives no clue as to the two locations that have been eliminated, either. I suspect another email advising that the web page has been fixed will be forthcoming.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
They must be having issues with the survey, folks must be checking their email! Just before I replied to this thread I voted again. Now I see the same page you do.

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Looks like they are using a cookie to keep you from voting twice. If you know how to delete cookies, delete all cookies related to surveymonkey.com.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Looks like they are using a cookie to keep you from voting twice. If you know how to delete cookies, delete all cookies related to surveymonkey.com.

Indeed they are. And when I went to the survey page, there were still 4 choices ??????

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I deleted the cookie and voted, but there are still four choices showing again today. If Asheville is not one of the two I wasted my time.

I would think Asheville would be a front runner. I know Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Louisville are all closer to PWW's offices and the staff likes to be close to the site for logistics reasons, but NC has one of WIA's star attractions each year (Roy), a number of top WWers, like Brian Boggs, Greg Paolini, etc. woodworking and crafts schools, like Roy's, the Campbell School, etc., some great local attractions like the Biltmore, Grove Park Inn, and attractions of other categories like Bas and some guy in little Washington :rotflm: .

Glennbear

Glenn
I deleted the cookie and voted, but there are still four choices showing again today. If Asheville is not one of the two I wasted my time.

I would think Asheville would be a front runner. I know Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Louisville are all closer to PWW's offices and the staff likes to be close to the site for logistics reasons, but NC has one of WIA's star attractions each year (Roy), a number of top WWers, like Brian Boggs, Greg Paolini, etc. woodworking and crafts schools, like Roy's, the Campbell School, etc., some great local attractions like the Biltmore, Grove Park Inn, and attractions of other categories like Bas and some guy in little Washington :rotflm: .

Thanks for posting the link to the voting page Alan :icon_thum, In addition to the attractions you listed we currently have an additional 5,771 members who could potentially visit if it were fairly close. :wsmile:

Ben325e

New User
Ben
...and attractions of other categories like Bas and some guy in little Washington :rotflm: .

Yeah, that Sully in Little Washington - he's something else! :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

BTW, I work in Little Washington and I'd love to drop by for a shop visit sometime! Or not, because I'm pretty sure after I visit your shop my garage-shop will feel.... inadequate :)

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Yeah, that Sully in Little Washington - he's something else! :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

BTW, I work in Little Washington and I'd love to drop by for a shop visit sometime! Or not, because I'm pretty sure after I visit your shop my garage-shop will feel.... inadequate :)

Sully is good too, but I was thinking of Ernie Miller, harpsichord builder extraordinaire! He was featured last year in the Great American Woodworker section of American Woodworker magazine. :wsmile:

Drop by any time.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I've seen Ernie's work firsthand and I was scared to even touch it, it looked so nice! As a matter of fact, I bet he was scared I'd touch it, too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS