They are "Woodworking hole openers" :eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 8.19.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 8.19.23 AM.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 163

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I was once told, no idea if correct, the translation for a refrigerator was a "box for keeping elephants cold"

Was that your browser translation, or what the seller actually posted?

If the reseller, then bad translations really just show the reseller does not care. You can find fluent English speakers all over China. Maybe "English", not "Merkin", but close enough. If the seller has that little respect for their customers, I won't bother doing business with them. If it is your browser translating a Chinese page, then you know who to blame.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I was once told, no idea if correct, the translation for a refrigerator was a "box for keeping elephants cold"

Was that your browser translation, or what the seller actually posted?

If the reseller, then bad translations really just show the reseller does not care. You can find fluent English speakers all over China. Maybe "English", not "Merkin", but close enough. If the seller has that little respect for their customers, I won't bother doing business with them. If it is your browser translating a Chinese page, then you know who to blame.
That's a screenshot of the actual ad. I could think of many more reasons not to buy from these people than just a poor translation. Also notice that you have a choice of Gold or Silver drills. Not gold or silver colored. Actual gold or silver. Pretty good deal for 6 bucks!

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Wait, are they woodworking hole openers or are they sink hole drills? I always get those confused

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
The one expression that drives me up a wall is "pre-drilling" instead of drilling pilot holes. It seems to be spreading geometrically - even Norm Abrams To me, 'pre-drilling is picking up the drill, inserting a bit, and - not necessarily in this order, plugging it in! Might also add 'thinking about it,' or marking locations for the pilot holes I would 'open in the wood.'

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS