Woodworking Essentials Table Preview Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well, I've got the table all but done. I've just got to give it some time before rubbing it out and giving it a good wax job. I figured I'd go ahead let you guys see some pics of the table complete. The finish is waterlox wiped on. The ends of the legs are blackwood and so is the pull.

The top is amazing. The most unique cherry I've ever seen. I think the brass dowels added a nice contrast to the cherry.

Of course it has hand cut dovetails.

This is the blackwood pull that will be attached to the draw front via 1/8" brass dowels.

I'll shoot final pics after the table has been rubbed down and waxed.

Thanks for viewing.

John

NOW ANYONE WANT TO TAKE THE WOODWORKING FUNDAMENTALS CLASS ON OCT 7-8!!! :D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, beautiful table....that Cherry is freakin' wicked, nice match on the figure also. Where are you finding that stash, it isn't the stuff you had last year at the gathering??

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
I have seen this table in person, and the only thing I can say is the pics don't show half the figure in that wood! 8) Well done!

woodguy1975

New User
John
Wow, beautiful table....that Cherry is freakin' wicked, nice match on the figure also. Where are you finding that stash, it isn't the stuff you had last year at the gathering??

Dave:)

Some of it was. This was the same stash as the wood I used on my cherry workbench apron. I've got about another 70 bdft of figured 4/4 cherry in the stack waiting for that special project. It pays to have friends at the lumberyard. :) Buy it when you see it that is my moto.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
John,

Wonderful choice of wood. That top really pops and the blackwood cuffs on the legs really sets off dem limbs. :lol:

PS, Who makes the Enduro???

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McRabbet

That's a nice design and a very pretty little table, John. I wish I could take the Class, but I'm already committed that weekend (WNCWA Meeting in Sammy's Shop).

Rob

woodguy1975

New User
John
I have seen this table in person, and the only thing I can say is the pics don't show half the figure in that wood! 8) Well done!

I think my post of the gallery of the peice will be titled "Mother Nature at it's Finest" and request folks reply with no words. Just give a silent appreciation for what Mother Nature has done. I sit and stare at the top in amazement myself. I wish a photo could really portray the true figure.

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
John,

Wonderful choice of wood. That top really pops and the blackwood cuffs on the legs really sets off dem limbs. :lol:

PS, Who makes the Enduro???

Enduro is the makers name. You can get it from Compliant Spray Systems Home Page

I got a sample pack when I bought my accuspray gun at IWF. It rubs out very well, but was a little though to spray. I still prefer my solvent based lacquer.

John Reeves

New User
John Reeves
John,

I thought that the table was beautiful when I saw it a few weeks ago. The finish really made the grain POP. It is amazing what you have done.

You should teach a class in finishing!

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
John,

I thought that the table was beautiful when I saw it a few weeks ago. The finish really made the grain POP. It is amazing what you have done.

You should teach a class in finishing!

John

I thought I just did!!!:rolf::rolf::rolf:

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
That's a great table! Awesome figure on the top. I wish I could come to the class...SIGH. Maybe next year at some point.

sapwood

New User
Roger
John, that is an awesome table. :eusa_clap

So anyone that takes the class gets to use your stash cherry ;-)

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS