Woodworking Essentials Class July 29-30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok guys and gals I have a woodworking essentials class coming up at the end of the month I wanted to announce. It is a class focused on jointery and basic furniture construction. The class project will be a shaker style end table or bed table with a single drawer and nice tapered legs. You'll have some flexibility on the design and construction to customize it for your own desires. We'll cover M&T jointery, basic furniture design, power tool safety, hand plane usage and sharpening, and even hand cut dovetails. We'll also cover grain and color matching. It will be a very busy class, but a great start for someone looking to step their woodworking up a notch. I'll even show you a little sculptural woodworking for the legs if you want to give yours a contemporary flare. :) Only 4 spots total and one is already taken.

shakertable.jpg

DETAILS
  • Duration: 2 Days
  • Instructor: JSR Woodworking
  • Cost: $200
  • KLASS Size: Maximum 4
REQUIRED TOOLS
  • Hand Plane
  • Square
  • Safety glasses and hearing protection
  • Pencils
  • Mallet
  • Rule
  • Marking Gauge
  • Basic Bench Chisels (3/4, 1/2 and 1/4)
REQUIRED MATERIALS
  • 10 bdft of 8/4 lumber (Your choice) (can be laminated, but must be done a head of time)
  • 10 bdft of 4/4 lumber (Your choice)
  • 5 bdft of 4/4 maple (Drawer stock)
Thanks,

John

Last edited:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Still no interest in this one? We need to get one more booked so the class will run. :)

I've got two rocker classes forming if anyone is interested in learning ot make a maloof rocker. The next class will have splayed back legs. :)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Hey John - I'll be in Ireland the last week of July but if you don't get any takers and decide to reschedule to some time in August or September I'd be interested.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Tekkadan said:
Hey John - I'll be in Ireland the last week of July but if you don't get any takers and decide to reschedule to some time in August or September I'd be interested.

Ok, I'm sure I'll run it again reguardless in that timeframe. The way it works is usually the last few days before the class it books up solid through Klingspor's. I like booking it early though.

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
Tekkadan said:
Is the class at your place or Klingspor's?

The class is in my shop. I have it all setup for classes now. It is much different than when you were here for the dovetails class. The only classes I teach at Klingspor's are the turning classes.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS