Woodworking Class Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
Okay. I make end grain cutting boards. Everyone makes them. Maybe we can make them better?

I have been thinking about offering a 2 day hands-on class in the techniques of building good boards that I have come up with in the past 6 years of doing it full time. (I have made somewhere between 2000 and 2800 in that time.) This will be 2 full days, a Saturday and a Sunday, limited to 10 people, have all the supplies and material provided as well as lunch both days. Cost is expected to be about $150.00.

If anyone is interested contact me at boardsmith at triad.rr.com. The place will be at my shop in Thomasville.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I first found out about David on knifeforums.com, in the "In the kitchen" section where the guys are the most hard core knife enthusiasts to the extreme. Its not uncommon for these guys to spend more money on one knife than many of us have tied up in our shops! One thing common to them all, however, is that they hands-down consider Boardsmith boards to be the best. I've read reviews from people all over the world who are happy with his work, and I've NEVER seen even the slightest hint of anything negative.

The Lie Nielsen of cutting boards but with better prices.

Full disclosure: he did send me some cutting board oil and wax once when he found out I was an ECU student. That's some good stuff, too.

DWSmith

New User
David
Actually Ben was a customer while he was an engineering student at ECU. I added the extras since he was a student. Maybe one day he will design a house for me. LOL!

The weekend.....March 5 and 6.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
David,
sounds great but how are the accommodations? Hopefully you also operate a B&B. Long trip from Mooresville two days in a row.
Greg

DWSmith

New User
David
Accommodations? I am a woodworker not an innkeeper.:gar-La;

Mooresville to Thomasville is only about 1 1/4 hours. When I worked for Bosch, the trip from home to Mooresville was a weekly event.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
It is too far for me also, but I wanted to say that I appreciate you offering up this class.

-Mark

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I'd love to come but that's the weekend for the lumber run at Scott Smith's. I hope your class is a success so you'll consider offering it again. Thanks!

meredj

Jesse
Corporate Member
Do you have enough people signed up to hold your class? If you are not having it I plan on going down to Scotts' farm and see what zebra wood looks like :cool:

eyekode

New User
Salem
Sounds like a great deal and a great time! Too bad I can't make it so far for 2 days :(.
Salem

DWSmith

New User
David
Thanks for all the interest. I plan to hold the class on 4/23 and shorten it to one full day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors