ChetNedwidek

New User
Chet
Wood workers Estate Sale:
Our Father passed away and we are selling all of his Books (over 1000) on woodworking, tools, shop-smith with many attachments- some New never opened!, Lathe, chisels, bowl turning equipment, routers, leather apron, sanders, saws, clamps, dust collectors, wood bowls and much more. We are in New Bern NC
Please call Chet Nedwidek at 252-670-4914.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
So sorry for your loss. Do you happen to have any pictures.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Our Father passed away and we are selling all of his Books (over 1000) on woodworking, tools, shop-smith with many attachments- some New never opened!, Lathe, chisels, bowl turning equipment, routers, leather apron, sanders, saws, clamps, dust collectors, wood bowls and much more. We are in New Bern NC
Please, pictures . . .

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry for your loss Chet @ChetNedwidek is there anything you need in the way of help - I am too far away to come. But good for a load of advice! LOL
My Father passed in 2018 and it seems like yesterday.
The best advice I got was from a pastor who said "Ask people, and listen to their stories of you Father and remember those stories" (It was REALLY good advice!)

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
I met Chet today and took a look at some of the items he has for sale. There are far too many items to list, but I’ll try to put some of the bigger items that I saw:

-Nova lathe (disassembled but he thinks it is close to 4’ length). I don’t know much about lathes, but there were TONS of different gouges and other lathe related items. His father was big into turning (I got to see some of his bowls and segmented turnings, he definitely had talent!).

-Shop-Smith with many attachments.

-14” Delta bandsaw in seemingly very good condition. Not sure on model or info. He had around 30 extra blades for the bandsaw.

-2 Delta dust collectors. One is a smaller mobile DC and the other is a larger 1.5hp model.

-Clamps: several bundles of 3’+ pipe clamps, several F-style clamps (mostly older Jorgensen Pony’s), lots of different size wooden handscrew clamps. He wanted to sell the pipe clamps in bundles of 5.

-Record No. 07 plane in like new condition. Looked like it had never been used.

-A couple hand saws of different sizes. I don’t know much about hand tools so I don’t have much info on them or the No. 07 plane.

-Porter Cable router. Came in the molded plastic case with both fixed and plunge base. Looked almost like new.

-Another router or two.

-Several new in box items: I recall seeing a few Incra boxes (one looked like a crosscut sled of some sort?), and maybe a few router accessories?

-Brand new in box lunchbox planer. I think it was a craftsman?

-Benchtop drill press. Don’t remember brand but it was a smaller model drill press.

-DeWalt portable table saw.

-Several miter saws. One was a sliding Craftsman, the others were all non-sliders.

I’m sure there are several other big items that I am forgetting. There are also lots of other odds and ends. Chet is a very nice guy and knows a lot about the tools that he is selling, so don’t hesitate to give him a call if you’re interested in some of the items or have questions.

He wants to sell everything at 50% price of new, which seems reasonable to me for the condition of his items. I don’t recall seeing any rust (except maybe surface rust on the hand saws but it may not have been rust, I didn’t inspect closely).

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
Chet, sorry about your loss.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Will some pics of the turning items will help. I can identify and Help price them. Chucks, jaws, gouges, skew, parting tools, calipers, tool rests. etc...

Trey1984

Trey
User
Tried calling the number for Chet but couldn't get threw. Was like the number didn't work or something. Would like to talk to you about the bandsaw if still have it.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Condolences to you and family
Back in the nineties Chet turned two fids for me and was a contributing member of Triangle Woodworkers. After he moved, I lost track of him. Did he make it to a hundred and five?
Ed

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I met Chet today and took a look at some of the items he has for sale. one of the bigger items that I saw:

"Several miter saws. ... Craftsman ... non-sliders"

GOOD NEWS - I am looking to replace my 12" Miter Saw that I BUILT INTO a 12' workbench. Can't find one online and the alternatives have a WIDER BASE than I can fit in my bench without completely rebuilding it!

BAD NEWS: Don't know if Chet has the miter saw I need
Six hundred mile round trip = $100+ in gas alone
$300 Round trip from Charlotte on American
1647188001045.png

So, if anyone is making the trip . . .PM ME PLEASE

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS