Woodturning Master Teacher Frank Penta Demonstrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Received this in my email and figured I'd share ....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Woodturning Master Teacher Frank Penta Demonstrates at Creative Art Exchange
CORNELIUS, North Carolina (May 25, 2008)

Frank Penta, President of the Woodturners Guild of North Carolina, will demonstrate woodturning with a lathe from 9 am until 11:30 at Creative Art Exchange in the Cornelius Arts Center, 19725 Oak St, Unit 1 in Cornelius. The public is invited.

Frank Penta has been involved in woodworking throughout his life. He began to focus specifically on woodturning in 1997. His work integrates function and aesthetics with fine detailing and finishing to enhance the natural beauty of the wood. Frank's one-of-a-kind designs are exhibited in private collections and sold through museums and galleries.
He has been a demonstrator at numerous woodturning clubs and symposia and has conducted workshops in a variety of settings including John C. Campbell Folk School. He has also authored an article and had his work featured in American Woodturnermagazine and co-authored Woodturning Tools, Techniques, and Projects with Alan Leland. Frank's professional experience in education is reflected in his teaching ability and the high quality of his woodturning classes, demonstrations, and instructional handouts. His website is: http://www.frankpenta.com

The group will break for a cookout lunch and then there will be a workshop beginning at 1 pm with Frank Penta.
Pre-registration for the 1 p.m. workshop is through the Charlotte Wood Turners Club. Cost of the workshop is $50. To reserve a spot, students should send a check to John Benton, 1646 hwy 160 West E-8113. Make your check payable to the Charlotte Woodturners Club. The workshop is open to six students, so register early. Those who plan to attend the luncheon please RSVP to John Benton at (woodturner@comporium.net) so we can plan for the crowd at the cookout. Plan to bring a food item to share and woodturners please bring a piece that you have turned to share with the group.

###

Photo: Frank Penta’s Spalted Maple Bowl

Laura Smith
Executive Director, Creative Art Exchange
director@creativeartexchange.org http://creativeartexchange.org
Work: 704-892-7323 Mobile: 704-650-9223

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member
I would highly recommend it. Frank is a great guy. My son and I are part of the "Friday Crew" at Frank's. He opens his shop/studio every Friday he is in town to turn, learn and share. We usually spend the whole day there. He is a good teacher (that's his profession) and very approachable. He is the one who helped get my son into the AAW Youth Turning in Richmond next month even though Thomas is underage. Since he worked with Thomas, he was able to recommend him to Nick Cook that he would be capable to particapate.

BTW, Frank's specialty is platters with acentric feet. His "signature" is his decoration of the underside of the platters.

John

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Jeremy:

I am confused. The press release was dated 5/27/08, but what is the date of the meeting? :icon_scra

Doug

J

jeff...

Wow we could have one of those - Just get Earl on a lathe, charge $50.00, grill up some hot dogs and cook some beans and whoa la - Creative Art

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Frank is a very talented individual. John, I've wanted to attend a Friday session but haven't been able to get off of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS