Woodturning Instruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickbw

New User
Rick Wize
Does anyone know of a good resource for one on one instructional training for woodturning within driving distance of the Charlotte / Winston-Salem area? I am a 10 year part time woodworker / woodturner who would like to develop better skills around sharpening, end grain hollowing etc. I know that a solution would be to attend woodturners meetings or such, but I travel on business extensively and am looking for one or two days of instruction that I am willing to pay for. THANKS!

Rick

rickbw

New User
Rick Wize
Jane,

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately due to my inability to plan business travel, it would be tough to go for 4 Mondays. I was hoping I could set a day or two aside. I have seen several opportunities but they are all either 4 - 5 days or far enough away that I would need to fly ( which would take an additional day or two away for travel).

Rick

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Rick---------John C Campbell Folk School offers weekend turning classes. May want to give that a "google" to find out when.

Jerry

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Try Jim and Bill Wallace (New Light Farms). They are in Wake Forest but teach private lessons. They are professional turners and also teach at Alamance Community College (best bargain woodturning training but long distance for night classes Charlotte to Burlington).

Jim posts often on this board.

Rob

New User
Rob
The woodcraft in Greensboro has Saturday classes, as does the woodcraft in Raleigh, and Klingspor in Raleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS