Woodtek Lathe

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I now this guy personally and this is a legit sale if anyone is looking for a lathe like this. It is down in Fayetteville.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I don't understand why one would use FB Marketplace over Craigslist - where one can be (practically) anonymous unless and until a deal is negotiated. I quit my (anonymous/pseudonym) FB account years ago when I found interacting with others was coincident with/highly correlated to unusual/strange activity on my laptop necessitating several 'restorations.'

It appears that one needs to login to one's FB account to interact with a seller whereas one might do so with a seller on CL using any one of his email accounts. As well, these marketplaces seem relatively isolated where with CL I had a fellow in California purchase a part from an old Satellite dish receiver unit that I'd posted to the Hickory, NC list and I regularly see posts (in response to my Saved Searches) from people in all sorts of places - right in one of my email in boxes the day it is added to CL..

iclark

Ivan
User
Just a reminder that even the quote in the post gives no information unless you are a facebook member and login. Otherwise, all you see is a blue rectangle saying to log in to facebook.

Woodtek made some good lathes back in the day. I am not sure if that was true of all of their models are not.

Billm0066

New User
Bill
I don't understand why one would use FB Marketplace over Craigslist - where one can be (practically) anonymous unless and until a deal is negotiated. I quit my (anonymous/pseudonym) FB account years ago when I found interacting with others was coincident with/highly correlated to unusual/strange activity on my laptop necessitating several 'restorations.'

It appears that one needs to login to one's FB account to interact with a seller whereas one might do so with a seller on CL using any one of his email accounts. As well, these marketplaces seem relatively isolated where with CL I had a fellow in California purchase a part from an old Satellite dish receiver unit that I'd posted to the Hickory, NC list and I regularly see posts (in response to my Saved Searches) from people in all sorts of places - right in one of my email in boxes the day it is added to CL..
Facebook has a much larger audience so better chances of selling. I personally use both but wood working does well on CL because many wood workers are "old school". Facebook search algorithms are absolutely terrible though. What I like about CL is 100% keyword search, but I do not like these companies that keyword spam irrelevant products.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
The Woodtech lathe is a little bit older of a model and being sold by Ballash Woodworks, a legit company. I can personally attest to this legitmacy of this auction as I know the guy and have seen the lathe personally.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors