Woodmaster Thickness Sander - $195 (Indian Land)

CarolinaRoots

New User
Brett
00s0s_bvsvnr9Q2BO_0i20o2_600x450.jpg

bbrown

Bill
User
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about this? I could not find much on a Google search.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Do not know this brand. But, it looks like a DIY assemble or partially assemble product.

Since there is no track belt on the bottom to feed the board through, I am guessing that the unit has 3 rollers on the top like some planers have, one on each end and a sandpaper roller in the middle. That kind of design is not the best as it could cause the wood to deflect sand you might get a smooth finish, it may not be accurate enough to make you happy in the final finishing, like I said just a guess

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have a 26" Woodmaster Drum Sander that I bought used about 2007 for $375 (new, they are nearly $3,100). It is a solid machine with a 5 HP Leeson motor and a separate variable speed reversible motor for the belt. It uses 6" wide Hook and Loop sandpaper (available from Klingspor's Woodworking Shop) wound helically around the drum and I always have had good results with mine. Woodmaster no longer makes a 12" sander, but they do have a 12" Planer/molder that can have a drum added for sanding. Here is the link to their website Drum Sanders.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Rob, based on the link there is a track belt on those. That would imply this is missing parts. But, ifg it is as solid as you say may be worth to buy and repair back to spec.

CarolinaRoots

New User
Brett
The gentleman that’s selling this is very strait forward and honest. If you message him he will tell you if it needs anything.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I searched on the Woodmaster website and did not find anything related to W1200, the advertised model number, but perhaps a call to them might reveal if a schematic and any parts are available.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I have the 38" single drum Woodmaster sander, could not be happier for the money. Would really like the oscillating belt sander but that is a LOT more money. If I did not already have a sander I would jump on that one in an instant.

bbrown

Bill
User
Thanks guys. The price is right but wondering how well it works. I'll contact the seller for more info.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS