Woodguy's Maloof Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtomasch

New User
David
Well What a Weekend....
I was lucky enough to take Woodguy's Maloof Occassional Chair class this weekend. Here is My Personal Review:

1. Thoughtfull and Laid back- John's workshop and attitude envokes a feeling of creativity and free-flowing thought. I had a week from hell at work, and come friday all I really wanted to do was sit down and drink some beer; not get up at 5:00 am saturday drive an hour and a half, and work more wood (I'm a carpenter by trade so I deal with dust and noise every day...saturday is usually a "quiet" day"). Boy, What a Great Day! Couldn't ask for a better saturday.
2. This class made me feel like I can actually build beautiful pieces of furniture (My First chair).
3. John makes this chair project crystal clear. With the most basic understanding of wood, I beleive anyone can take this class and have great results
BOTTOM LINE...
Take this class...It's a lot of fun and, I think, you'll end up with a beautiful chair that will last generations.
I will post pics this week of the rough starting place and follow ups as it evolves. By the way, Thanks Monty for the "sub" teaching. It was a true pleasure. Thank you woodguy for the inspiration and skills.
dtomasch

J

jeff...

John seems like a real cool guy to begin with so I bet his classes reflect his personality. Just be careful, you may have a sudden urge come over you to buy tools :lol:

Monty

New User
Monty
It was great to meet you guys -- hope I didn't confuse ya'll too much! I can't wait to see pics of that awesome chair of yours!

woodguy1975

New User
John
Dave was a great student. Everyone this weekend did a fantastic job. Monty, I got nothing but possitive feedback from the students in the class about your instruction. Bobby, actually used the term "smart" relating to you. LOL, I quickly had to correct him. :p Thanks again dude!

The occasional chairs are a lot of fun and are super comfortable in the end. I think Dave's chair has a lot of potential to shape out to be an excellent chair. I'm sure Dave will do a great job.

I should have broke out my camera and took pictures, but everyone was pretty busy. The guys where working on their chairs and I was sizing up how to rearrange my shop to keep both jointers. :) Boy am I ready to get back to my own rocker. I've got the itch shape some wood. :)

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors