Wooden Toys, Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ Grant

New User
Tania
Looking to hire an experienced wood worker and designer to make a few toys for our company. The items we’d like to make are larger scale items: a kitchen stove/oven/sink combo (36” to 44” tall), a doll house & furniture, a garage and a barn. We can send design ideas. Of course, since kids will be playing with the toys, the designs need to be very safe and the paints or finishes will need to be non toxic. If anyone is interested, or would like to find out more information, shoot an email to Mike Grant at MikeGrant567@gmail.com.

Have a great weekend!!
TJ

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I think this is the job for McRabbit(Rob) and the western crew - they build alot of toys for children

M

McRabbet

Our WNC Woodworkers Association does make toys for children, but they are all smaller unfinished wooden toys and we make them as charitable contributions, not for sale. I rather suspect that the Grant's may not be aware of the new restrictions of the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act of 2008 as it pertains to Lead in Children's toys. I would not encourage our members to get into this one and I won't either. IMHO, until the CPSIA is improved, the restrictions are simply too stringent to get into production mode (testing is cost-prohibitive).

TJ Grant

New User
Tania
[FONT=&quot]We are fully aware of everything going on with CPSIA; as things currently stand, there is a stay on the impact until February 2010. Our goal is to support the woodworking industry and manufacturing in the United States. We do plan on getting the products that we sell tested to the extent required. Our first goal is to work with a skilled partner to design and create prototypes which can then be tested and reproduced for sale.[/FONT]

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Do you plan on having the end product manufactured here in the US, or outsourced overseas? If you're committed to US production, I suspect you will find more people willing to throw in with you. If you want to have products prototypes here and manufactured overseas, it may be a little tougher to find someone willing.

TJ Grant

New User
Tania
The end product will absolutely be made in the US. Our whole business is going to be built around kids products made in the USA and in Europe. We'd love to have exclusively US products but for now we'll have both US and Europe because unfortunately there is a lack of supply in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS