Wooden Planes in 19th Century America vol 1, 2 edtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sash plane

New User
steve
Hello,

I just got my book in from "Epay" today...ya ya...i now..:eusa_booh(You can get burned)...
What I would like to know.... is

The book I got..... looks like a "copy".... a put on a copier and copied book....
it is very nicely bound but it looks like a copy......? it is not a hard cover book....

do any of you have this book and does it look like a copy....?

the eBay person i got it from has over 7000 item sold on eBay with 100% feedback....
i've bought over 100 items on bay...and only been burned 1 time... unless this turns out as a copy...

the info is good in this copy.....but for 35.00 it kind of gets ya......if it is a copy...???
I dont think i would have payed 35 for a copy of this book....but waited for a real and even payed as much as 50..... so I don't know...????:nah:

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Seems the 2nd edition was put out as a paperback, but unless you have a verified original to compare it to, your just guessing.

A bit of perspective: I was just quoted $15.00 to get 2 articles copied and mailed to me from "Home Shop Machinist". About 10 pages with questionable photo reproduction.

sash plane

New User
steve
mark.... yes... I found a few ref's about a paper back also....
Pinwu... I found a few of them also, but then a found the bay one...and...now..:eusa_booh:gar-Cr

but last nite while reading...
in the index i found pencil note marks that was added to original book that copier pick up when copied.... so it is a copy...

the bad thing about this.... it's great info on wood planes....
don't want to put it down... I missed alot of ACC last nite reading(who won) lol

I went back to eBay and looked at pic's of book that was shown.... knowing that it is copied, I can see that it maybe looks like a copy....but not knowing.... I don't think you can tell...??

write up kinda leads you as this is the paperback.... but there is nothing about being a copy..!
I'm kinda of torn now as to just keep the great info copy...or (b)witch about it being a copy of book to seller on bay...?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
If someone is selling copies that they made, of a book that is in print, I'd be concerned that this is not entirely Kosher. Who owns the rights to that book, and who is making / selling the copies? I'll defer to someone with IP law expertise. I'd be tempted to contact the eBay folks.

sash plane

New User
steve
I poked around the bay and found that this is the only copy that was sold.... it looks like he put it up for sell @ 39.95 and it did not sell, he then put it back up @ 35... and i jump on the hook....Ohhhhhhh shinny......ahhhhhhh:BangHead:

I just sent him a email about this, and going to see how he responds....
He has sold over 7000 items and has 100% feedback....so he might be fair....well see

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS