wooden computing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
We are all obviously woodworkers here, and many of us work regularly with computers, including a few that build computers, but how many of us have combined the two?

check this out!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I do a little. I use Excel to layout drawer sizes, but have screwed that up before by making 14 drawers 1 inch to big by not subtracting a half inch and accidentally adding a half inch.

I have been trying sketchup, but I have had little success. I would like to learn some CAD, but haven't done well there.

I now have a laptop in the shop that I use to search, find stuff, and generally surf.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I'm just imagining the various ways I could replace the black case on my current dell.... LOML would be upset, after a recent service visit for our VOIP (TWC calls it 'digital phone'), we got the new black motorola SURFboard cable modem, which finally matches everything else on the desk. I think I could figure out the attachment points for the board to case, but there is no way I could replace the drive doors and other small pieces like they did!

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Interesting site and they look really well done, but I don't think I will be attempting it anytime soon. :p

J

jeff...

One plus – no electrostatic discharge concerns. Cool looking computers... Inspiring, Dave?

DavidF

New User
David
Interesting stuff, but did you happen to read any of the forum postings about them? That's the sort of forum comments that we avoid here thankfully.

cskipper

Cathy
I hadn't looked at the comments - they are definitely nasty. I'm glald we don't let those kind of posts here!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
didn't read any of the forum postings. perhaps I will go back.

no, I won't. I'll just know that I enjoyed the pictures. :mrgreen:

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Now those are cool!

We also read some of the forum. What a bunch of cretens! Obviously, NCWnet is the complete opposite of that site and most others.

Duke & Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS