Woodcraft's "Cash for Clunker" Tablesaw Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
The Charlotte and Raleigh Woodcraft stores are taking the "cash for clunker" concept and offering something similar to US!

Here's how it will work ... If you bring in any table saw to trade in, it’s good for $400 off a new Unisaw. The Unisaw is going up in price on November 1st so it equates to a $700 savings if purchased by the end of Oct. The dates of the promotion are October 25th through October 31st, but the store manager in Matthews informed me that he'll start honoring it now (just mention you heard about it on NCWW) :eusa_danc.

There is also a free mobile base offer on the Unisaw this month which will also be honored.

This is a great deal if anyone is in the market for a Unisaw. With the mobile base it would be a $944.99 savings if purchased in Oct. vs. Nov.

Note: This will be good in the Charlotte and Raleigh Woodcraft stores :icon_thum.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
WOW, cool!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

If it really applies to "any" tablesaw I've got an old tiny Delta 36-560 that of course isn't getting much attention on CL that I'd be glad to offer to someone in the Raleighwood area to use as a trade up if needed.

Brian.

mxracer

New User
Dan
The Craftsman 100 is going to a good home on Sat afternoon.

I've got an old Craftsman 100 tablesaw that I have been trying to figure out what to do with it. So if there is anyone in the Charlotte area that needs a clunker to trade in let me know. The only catch is I get to come check out the Unisaw once it's setup. :gar-La;

Dan

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Since I have a PM2000. I don't think that's such a great deal.:gar-La;
Also, that probably means they really have $400 in price cuts, perhaps a bit more to offset their cost to dispose of the "clunkers". I suspect fi I were going to by the new Unisaw, I would probably just demand $600 off as a starter.:eusa_danc

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Since I have a PM2000. I don't think that's such a great deal.:gar-La;
Also, that probably means they really have $400 in price cuts, perhaps a bit more to offset their cost to dispose of the "clunkers". I suspect fi I were going to by the new Unisaw, I would probably just demand $600 off as a starter.:eusa_danc

Their cost to dispose? Don't they know about CL? :rolf:
You just have to phrase things right - "You will be lucky to have this saw cutting wood in your shop"... :swoon:

"accurate to within .00001 km"

Herb Shelly

New User
Herb
Regarding disposal of the "clunkers" We do not have any costs associated with the disposal, but can anyone make a recommendation of a deserving charity? Jeremy in Charlotte has some thoughts down there, but I'd love to find some folks in Raleigh who might be ablee to use free clunker. Scouts? School?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Jeremy brought this to my attention, and he and then the Board of Directors discussed it at a Board meeting last night. WC has offer to donate any traded in saws to NCWW, Inc. We said yes, and are thinking of running a saw refurbishment clinic/project. This way members can learn how to care for and refurbish a saw and some worthy individuals can obtain these newly tuned saws.

I was not going to mention this yet, but since Herb brought it up I figured I might as well.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Good deal, I was wondering if something along those lines could be done. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Brian.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I like the concept all the way round.

If it works out to be a time that I can help I would be happy to lend a hand on reworking the trade-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors