Woodcraft Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Does anyone subscribe to the Woodcraft Magazine? With almost everything online do you get any new ideas from it ? Thanks !!!!!!

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I let my subscription run out. It's cheap, and you get what you pay for. Little more than a fancy ad for the franchise.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I'm not terribly impressed with my subscription. For comparison, I really like Shop Notes, Woodsmith and American Woodworker. Wood and WWJ are ok...but I'll read them if I'm bored. Woodcraft will likely not be renewed.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I started with a free subscription, then paid for a year, but eventually let it lapse. I think it is a little weak in content. The editor-in-chief Jim Harrold should know what he is doing, he was managing editor of Wood Magazine through the 90's then promoted and served as executive editor from 2001 until he retired in 2007. Woodcraft hired him out of retirement with an offer he couldn't refuse to transform what had been an anemic, struggling magazine. I think it is still struggling and the market may be glutted with WW magazines. Being owned by Woodcraft doesn't have to limit or dictate content. I don't think Woodworker's Journal has been affected by being purchased by Rockler. I think what limits Woodcraft content is they try to write everything with in-house staff, and accept only tips from outside woodworkers and authors.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Quick note for those who get it but do not plan to renew- 5 months after my paid subscription (that followed my free 12 months) ended, I realized it was automatically renewing with no input from me!! You can cancel anytime and get a refund

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I do more reading than woodworking and subscribe to many magazines on the subject. Unfortunately, Woodcraft magazine is one of my least favorites. It's not always horrible, but it's yet to wow me by any means (ever). However, it's like $6/yr last time I subscribed (searched the 'net for the best price) ... and probably worth that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors