Woodcraft emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Well today I finally gave up on Woodcraft. I am sick and tired of all the emails I get, so I finally unsubscribe from Woodcraft. I don't know about you, but I was getting at least one to two emails per day from Woodcraft with just nonsense.
I have been buying from Woodcraft for probably 20 plus years, but recently I've gotten so annoyed with their emails, I finally have just given up. I tried to update my email subscription through the preference button, but they don't give you many choices . I finally just gave in sending customer service a email with my dismay over their current business practices. I do get the flyer, once in awhile, in the mail and I'm not sure why it's not monthly because I buy from them online as the nearest store is 2 hours 20 minutes in one direction and 2 hours 40 minutes in the other. Sorry for the long rant, but I just didn't know if anyone had had this same experience.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If I need anything I order from Klingspor or Amazon. Klingspor is 30 minutes and I like to look at everything when I'm there.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I unsubscribed from Woodcraft emails some time ago for the same reasons. I can't remember specifically with Woodcraft, but there's a company called Constant Contact that some of these companies use to do just as the name says, contact you constantly.

Sometimes you can tell it's them in either the email headers or somewhere in the fine print in the email. When I see that I immediately unsubribe knowing I'm going get way more emails than I want to see.

dazart

New User
Steve
I'm new and only started getting their emails in the last few months, but I was considering today of stopping because they send so many too.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I started doing things a little differently. I made a folder in my email called Promotional and set up a rule to have any such emails sent directly to it. If I happen to want to look for some sort of discount coupon or something I can quickly look down the list in the folder.
Also, I made a folder called Orders and after something I order arrives I move the email to it. That has turned out to be handy when I want to reorder something or if I need proof of purchase.
It has really kept my email inbox cleaner.

gritz

New User
Robert
My issue with Woodcraft is similar but a little different. Besides the incessant e-mails, there is a franchise store 30 minutes from me where I have spent over $8,000. I got lots of e-mails and mailings from them as well as from corporate. Imagine my attitude when I once made that trip only to learn that I was trying to buy an item that Woodcraft corporate had on sale, but the franchisee did not. I rarely go back anymore unless I'm right around the corner from the store.

Richo B

New User
Richo
I haven't had a bunch of e-mails from Woodcraft but noticed daily e-mails from Harbor Freight on my alternate e-mail address. I only shopped there once! I don't use that e-mail except to give out to places that request my e-mail address. Its a yahoo account and I let it fill right up. There are such easy ways to get free e-mail addresses that it is easy to have one just for junk like this. My wife has been doing this with a juno account for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS